If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Another newbie over here

AdamD98

Good evening everyone,

I am Adam, I'm from Teesside, although I currently live in both Teesside and Norwich (work depending!) and you guessed it...I'm new here.

A little about me? Oh go on then!

I'm a late 20 something 80's kid who grew up watching BR railfreight 37's and the like plodding around the North East, and in particular Thornaby, usually hauling ex steel works trains or potash trains etc. and the occasional train of tankers to/from local refineries. I'm also ex Royal Navy and as such, I do stray off to building 1/72 radio controlled destroyers, carriers and the likes from time to time.

My interests in modelling though spread from early LNER days to more recent railways. However I am currently modelling BR Railfreight, and anything from 1985 to around 1997...give or take! I can't get enough class 37's and I do abuse modellers licence somewhat!

I think that'll about do it for now.

Thank you Geoff,

I've certainly found plenty of that already, and no doubt will continue to do so. Me myself I have an 8' X 2' End to end job 'to play with' for now, until I have sorted the loft out and can get building baseboards! I know what I want and I know my era, location (all be it 'based on' an area) and what not.

Archived