Lynton & Barnstaple - how much track do they own?

Ohmisterporter

Had a very pleasant day at Woody Bay recently and have been trying to find online just how much of the old trackbed the new L&BR actually owns. All that the people at Woody Bay could tell me was that they own quite a lot of short stretches but they are not joined together and they are not sure if there is a map showing the owned bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

• RMweb Premium

Had a very pleasant day at Woody Bay recently and have been trying to find online just how much of the old trackbed the new L&BR actually owns. All that the people at Woody Bay could tell me was that they own quite a lot of short stretches but they are not joined together and they are not sure if there is a map showing the owned bits. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

There is a full explanation of the land currently owned on the web-site - look for the Google map window on the left hand side of the main page.

http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk

There is a separate group called Exmoor Associates who are also buying land for future reinstatement of the railway, mostly on the route south of Blackmoor Gate which is not immediately required for the next phase of the railway rebuilding (this is also linked from the L and B pages)

Regards

Martin

Archived