RMweb

Merc435

Greenock and District Model Railway Club.

Annual Model Railway Exhibition.

Where?

The Lyle Kirk Union Street building.

Union Street.

Greenock.

Renfrewshire.

PA16 8DD

When?

Saturday 18th October 2014, 10am to 5pm

Sunday 19th October 2014, 11am to 5pm

How much?

Adults £4

Concessions £3

Family £12

Traders?

Durham Trains of Stanley

Junction Box model railways

Douglas Blades Transport books

Guest Layouts?

Aller Junction; Modern Image suburban station and Loco depot. Iain Adam.

Garden Railway; Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge modellers, West of Scotland Group

Perceton; Ayr MRG. OO scale Terminus.

Aldbury; Perth MRC. Western Region branch line set in the late 50's and early 60's. (Featured in BRM July 2014)

Park Road TMD; Stephen Cunningham. Modern TMD running up to the date liveries.

Kylestone; Kyle MRC. Large roundy-roundy.

LEGO trains; Sophie Worrell. Those little yellow bricks that we all love!

Triang; Dave Coddington. Vintage triang that we all remember from childhood.

Hornby Dublo 3 rail. John Miller. Vintage model railways from the 50's,60's and 70's.

Club Layouts?

Inverboyndie; Greenock and District Model Railway Club. Based loosely on Banff GNoSR.

Rye Tuppham; Greenock and District Model Railway Club. In build O gauge layout.

Malcolms Dale; Greenock and District Model Railway Club. OO scale Drive-a-train layouts for kids(Big and small)

There are a couple more items to be confirmed.

Catering?

Oh yes! The lovely ladies of the church will be serving hot and cold snacks on both days(Including APPLE PIE, Stan!) As well as Jimmy and John on the Bacon Roll supplies.

Want to know more?

Follow us on Facebook "Greenock and District Model Railway Club"

Follow on Twitter; @GreenockMRC

And our Website; www.greenockmrc.co.uk

The layouts are good, the exhibition is good and the apple pie is just as good!

Unfortunately, I have been double booked with a holiday in Tenerife but I have passed on my high recommendations of this show to my colleagues at Perth & District MRC who will be bringing Aldbury along for the weekend. 

Have a great show!

Stan

Joe, the nearest station is Greenock West. The Kirk is about 15min walk from the station.

If you Google Lyle Kirk Union Street, the church website has a good map attached.

Legend, Glad to hear we're "Friendly", be sure and point yourself out. I'll be in the hall somewhere.

Andy.

Hi Andy,

thanks for the information for your show hopefully find some time to travel down to the exhibition onsunday, :sungum:

cheers  joe :O :o

Guest 40-something

Hi Andy

I cant make it along unfortunately, been asked to help out at a layout in Peterborough, I'll ask the other guys ins 12AD if they plan to go

Cheers

Joe

No problems Joe, see you Sunday.

Other Joe. That's a shame mate, have fun at Peterborough.

I've just noted that Perceton by Ayr MRG is featuring in this months Hornby magazine! Two Magazine articled layouts at our show.

Hope to see as many of you as can make it to Greenock next weekend.

Andy.

Hope your feeling better Bill.

Well that's most of the set up complete, two traders and one layout to set up tomorrow morning.

Doors open at 10am, and we look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it.

ps, the Buffet is already looking better than the superb one the ladies of the Kirk put on last year...........Stan!!

Andy S.

Well that's it over for another year. A huge thank you to all who attended, traders, exhibitors and visiting public.

We're already looking into next years show in the same venue and on the 17th and 18th of October 2015.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Andy.

The layouts are good, the exhibition is good and the apple pie is just as good!

Unfortunately, I have been double booked with a holiday in Tenerife but I have passed on my high recommendations of this show to my colleagues at Perth & District MRC who will be bringing Aldbury along for the weekend. 

Have a great show!

Stan

Just returned from another most enjoyable weekend at Scotland's friendly show , well done to all the Greenock mrc members and the Ladies and Gents who provided the catering .

Should have a vote for the APPLE PIE , definitely 10/10

Thanks again .

Bob   Perth Mrc.

• RMweb Premium

I go to many model railway exhibitions on the Scottish Circuit. Off to Pollockshaws next week, but you know what, I can go round these shows and never utter a word to anyone. This simply doesn't happen at Greenock. Simply the friendliest show around. They take the opportunity to chat all the time. Loved the show ,I thought this year there was a bit of everything , from big roundy roundy to Hornby Dublo and Perceton, and Greenocks own one based on Banff, sorry name escapes me. No sign of digital gravity shunting this time though, obviously Andy off eating the apple pies instead!

Well done Greenock. A nice morning out!

Just returned from another most enjoyable weekend at Scotland's friendly show , well done to all the Greenock mrc members and the Ladies and Gents who provided the catering .

Should have a vote for the APPLE PIE , definitely 10/10

Thanks again .

Bob   Perth Mrc.

Thanks Bob. I like the "Scotland's Friendly show" tag. Thank you for attending with Aldbury. It took in a lot of really great comments over the weekend. Glad you enjoyed the Apple Pie in Stan's absence!

I go to many model railway exhibitions on the Scottish Circuit. Off to Pollockshaws next week, but you know what, I can go round these shows and never utter a word to anyone. This simply doesn't happen at Greenock. Simply the friendliest show around. They take the opportunity to chat all the time. Loved the show ,I thought this year there was a bit of everything , from big roundy roundy to Hornby Dublo and Perceton, and Greenocks own one based on Banff, sorry name escapes me. No sign of digital gravity shunting this time though, obviously Andy off eating the apple pies instead!

Well done Greenock. A nice morning out!

HAHAHA, Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, Legend. Thank you for the compliments and i'm sorry I missed you, I am not exactly easy to miss! You have an open invite to visit us in our clubrooms for a personal demonstration of "Inverboyndie" and the gravity shunt. I will be at Cathcart on Saturday afternoon, hopefully catch up with you then.

Already planning for 2015's 30th annual show!

Archived