Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Plea for help has anybody got a close front end photo of a class 33/1 buffer beam area or know if someone on here have one i have looked on class 33 photos and other sites but still no luck picture on JLTRT not clear.

Thanks Steve

Edited by spenc

Does this help Steve, it is lifted off the web, so sorry if any copyright is infringed, if you save it to your computer you can then zoom in on it, hope this helps, Craig.

post-8721-0-35215900-1501532105.jpg

Edited by muddys-blues

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Plea for help has anybody got a close front end photo of a class 33/1 buffer beam area or know if someone on here have one i have looked on class 33 photos and other sites but still no luck picture on JLTRT not clear.

Thanks Steve

Afternoon Steve

Have a look on Flickr.com, they have quite a few but here is a link to one photo that enlarges quite well..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gbrailphotos/5551855530/in/photolist-9sAHe5-nrj758-J2PQ9W-nriHmV-nFKNbq-mpvj5q-hvkker-VWf8Ku-sB9nrE-nrj6hM-TmBTp9-bZ6DPA-WNcCJc-H1NbcZ-fQfHrv-qhcTRW-9HtCrS-c38giW-bYZT21-aCmqip-ETYYE1-bYEmpJ-TrRA1c-bXYjrA-qhjpBz-9sAH71-9uX41m-q3QM2z-asYnZL-nGzTiv-kPpuqk-bqYswj-dasmBz-HpEQE6-nFxVUU-fukcVZ-9WWdML-a4WQKU-q93ecK-eiGFhN-nKAwnT-nZsyxC-UwEgiu-ekEqAq-nZsyyj-9FJX4C-cuM93J-nhLGv7-nrj9qa-9wmnNY

Jim

Afternoon Steve

Have a look on Flickr.com, they have quite a few but here is a link to one photo that enlarges quite well..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gbrailphotos/5551855530/in/photolist-9sAHe5-nrj758-J2PQ9W-nriHmV-nFKNbq-mpvj5q-hvkker-VWf8Ku-sB9nrE-nrj6hM-TmBTp9-bZ6DPA-WNcCJc-H1NbcZ-fQfHrv-qhcTRW-9HtCrS-c38giW-bYZT21-aCmqip-ETYYE1-bYEmpJ-TrRA1c-bXYjrA-qhjpBz-9sAH71-9uX41m-q3QM2z-asYnZL-nGzTiv-kPpuqk-bqYswj-dasmBz-HpEQE6-nFxVUU-fukcVZ-9WWdML-a4WQKU-q93ecK-eiGFhN-nKAwnT-nZsyxC-UwEgiu-ekEqAq-nZsyyj-9FJX4C-cuM93J-nhLGv7-nrj9qa-9wmnNY

Hi Jim

Thanks for that best close up shot i have seen just been looking on Compton 33 site but nothing as clear has you have found.

Thanks again

Steve

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Liking the progress!

Just a small update ....

the other week there was a JLTRT class 33 kit for sale on FB its a 33/1 the asking price was too good so i snapped it up so will make a start soon don't know if one ran in North Devon.

Definitely a few visits by 33/1s, often on specials occasionally with 4TC sets like here:

http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/north_devon_line_okehampton_web_optimised/543%2033s%20stabled%20in%20Barnstaple%20yard%20with%20excursion.html

On a weedkiller train:

http://www.cyber-heritage.co.uk/north_devon_line_okehampton_web_optimised/8%20%20Class%2033%20weedkiller%20at%20Barnstaple.html

Here's a more routine working

http://freepages.nostalgia.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~cyberheritage/junct11.jpg

Edited by Ramblin Rich

A couple of mine. Hope they are of some use. Looking forwards to seeing some pics of your Pusher, they were always my favourite used to see them nearly everyday as a kid.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-31327700-1501764099_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-45688900-1501764148_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-96362700-1501764257_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-34592100-1501764390_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone
I would like to thank Craig,Jim,Rich,Peter for putting pictures on here they all helpful and Brian Daniels for letting me use his pictures of his class 33/1 build on Flickr which is very helpful and still useing.
A big thank you to all
All the front end bits are on body all glued together and sitting on the chassis filled the joins just needs another sanding and bit more filler roof,fan and side grills to put on but toying with the idea paint before putting them on,decided to put the windows in last and not use superglue to glue cab controls on,started the bogie sides that's slow, noticed they was two bits missing the bogie pivot so rang JLTRT they are sorting the missing bits stopping now proper bulbs blew them energy bulbs are naf as you can see still lots to do here's some pictures.
Steve
post-11944-0-63349500-1501786725_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-11291700-1501786740_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-59468200-1501786763_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-13595800-1501786780_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-64051800-1501786794_thumb.jpg
post-11944-0-70379300-1501786813_thumb.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 3

Finished putting the last bits on today and gave it a coat of primer noticed one of the doors needs a bit of sanding,all bogie/tank/battery box's primed plus the vanwide then it's paint where the grills will go then put them on then the blue.

Steve

post-11944-0-67161200-1502036427_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-17958600-1502036439_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-25366000-1502036451_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-12030300-1502036466_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Steve, The Crompton and van are looking very nice, they do seem to come up well the old JLTRT kits.

Cheers Peter.

Thank you for your comment the vanwide is a Slaters kit.

I agree with Peter, your work on the Crompton is coming on great.

Thank you for your comment the vanwide is a Slaters kit.

The JLTRT vans make up into nice examples, and fairly quickly too.

Your Vanwide is spot on.

I've always favoured Parkside over Slaters, but I do have an SR Utility van to do at some point.

Jinty ;)

Hi Steve & Jinty,

I have a Parkside Grampus that I made a few years ago which is a super kit. I don't mind the Slaters either I am part way through building a BR brake van. Not done anything JLTRT yet but they do look like a nice kit.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

Its been a long time since I have done anything on the layout due to my wife and me having health problems.so hopefully I will make a start in the new year but slowly.

Have a Merry Christmas & happy New Year

Thanks for looking at my thread

Steve

Edited by spenc

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Today i decided to go into the layout room having done nothing since August first thing i did was to see what run cleaned the track then i put the 121 DMU on the rolling road

after a few none starts cleaned wheels and pickups ran not to bad put it on the track all it did was stop/start and really slow in the end put it back to DC it ran better but sounds like it grinding on something put it back on the rolling road didn,t sound as bad but did not sound right i have oiled it but not a lot, now to the 108 complete non starter on rolling road as well on layout i did get it going for it to move about a inch and died i have tryed everything i know  08 that ran OK without any cleaning everything ran OK up till August at the moment i have just walked away from it but i do need to decide what road i am going to go down it has put me off kit built a bit do i still go DCC or DC do i wait till Heljan bring there DMUs out still got to put a motor in the 33 will that run like the DMUs or do i just sell the lot? wished i stayed out the room now been asked to take the layout to 2 local shows but until everythings running right theres no chance any help to solve these problems welcome.

Steve

Edited by spenc

• RMweb Gold

Steve

Don't get downhearted...... I trust the DMU ran perfect before and it will do again, it probably needs a little bit of fetter ling on the gearbox or something really simply like the wheels / contacts  cleaning.... As for the Class 33, go for a quality motor and you won't look back especially with all the effort that you have put into building it.

Chin Up railwayman... :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Jim

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I did anything on the layout plus recovering from my angina attack no damage to the heart which is a good thing so yet more tablets still off work got to wait for DVLA to give me the all clear to drive buses again,today I managed to get my 108 running I rewired it and it ran first time it's sounds a bit rough but a bit more running on the rolling road and lubrication it should be ok happy now will have a go with the 121 tomorrow then do a bit more to the scenery 33 motor & sound decoder & 31 sound decoder will have to wait a bit longer sick pay is a bit of a joke.

Steve

post-11944-0-30710600-1526231864_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-10978200-1526231879_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Steve

Glad to see you back and on the road to recovery...... Good to hear that the DMU's are running a little bit better than they were.... Before you know it all will be well in the Steve world...

Anyway... it's great to see you on RMweb again.....

:locomotive:

Jim

Steve

Glad to see you back and on the road to recovery...... Good to hear that the DMU's are running a little bit better than they were.... Before you know it all will be well in the Steve world...

Anyway... it's great to see you on RMweb again.....

:locomotive:

Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks for your comment,its time to start slowing down a bit instead of wanting everything yesterday, don't know what was wrong with the DMUs i just rewired and all worked could off been dry joins somewhere keep running them on rolling road good to be back more updates latter.

Steve 

• 3 months later...

Another long delay in doing anything on the layout due to hot weather it was knocking me for six now its cooled down and i have this week off i been doing stuff on the layout i got one of them smartswitch point control so monday i started on it come to connect it no plug in the box for dc so rang peco picked one up Wednesday wires it in nothing worked tryed everything so rang peco again to be told to bring it back for replacement so today went back to peco before i left had to have another one  because they was a button missing of the programing box so that was two new ones before left i did say to them see you tomorrow, got home wired it up to my amazement it all worked they are good but a bit pricey more update later.

Steve 

• Like 2

Another long delay in doing anything on the layout due to hot weather it was knocking me for six now its cooled down and i have this week off i been doing stuff on the layout i got one of them smartswitch point control so monday i started on it come to connect it no plug in the box for dc so rang peco picked one up Wednesday wires it in nothing worked tryed everything so rang peco again to be told to bring it back for replacement so today went back to peco before i left had to have another one  because they was a button missing of the programing box so that was two new ones before left i did say to them see you tomorrow, got home wired it up to my amazement it all worked they are good but a bit pricey more update later.

Steve

Good to see you are still in the saddle and carrying on through the trials of life.

Best regards

Craig

"good but a bit pricey"

All things from Peco are over priced, Take their micro switches, at over £5.00 each. You can get equivalent from "Rapid" for less than £1.50. Same for their turnout awitches. I would never buy their electrical bits because of the price they over charge.