Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

Thank you Craig,Lee,Randall I think the instructions should be a bit better apart from that it was great building it just got to put door handles on and grab rails on not much modelling this week work getting in the way plus a member of this parish keeps spending my money haha cannot wait till later this week new addition to the fleet arrives all will be revealed ?

Steve

• Like 1

Over the last 2days managed to build the BG just got to add a few bits then primer at the weekend back at work tomorrow it's just sitting on the chassis at moment.

Steve

post-11944-0-09834400-1462297893_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Lee

When the wife's at work i can crack on no going out so as soon as she leaves radio on and I make a start and don't stop until she comes home i think i have built too many of Shawns kits did not need instructions.yes the tractor will be renumbered but what too i don't know as the period i am modelling i have bristol based DMUs and 31 so still looking for a 37/0 that worked Bristol/Somerset/Dorset area or South Wales last resort modify it.

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally painted the BG. transfers are now on BG and CCT now waiting for the varnish to dry then put the door handles and grab rails on still not painted the 31 buffer beam yet hopefully in the next few days not enough hours in a day at moment off till Monday then a 6 days on.

post-11944-0-67729700-1463756362_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-15122000-1463756371_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-46423500-1463756382_thumb.jpg

Edited by spenc
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Looks good Spenc,

Always had a bit of an affinity for the old parcels trains, fabulous operation in their heyday. Layout looks good and very impressed with your BG build.

Rich

Lovely layout and even though I'm modeling the steam period, I do love a bit of 'Banger Blue'!!!

Your trackwork and ballasting look exceptionally good

Jinty ;)

Come on Jinty ..... you know blue is the new black  :paint: .

Banger Blue !! ..... was that a certain type of video catalogue with "cough cough" scantily clad women & men, backed by some dodgy disco type of guitar music ? ....... oh hang on that was Swedish Bl............  :maninlove:

Edited by muddys-blues

• 2 weeks later...

cklammer

Work surface still a mess she's not bothered about that it was the room that looked like a tip i did find stuff I didn't realise i still had.

Steve

Edited by spenc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No new updates at moment hopefully in the next few weeks my long weekend starting from today till Wednesday as gone to just Sunday off.I only gone and got promoted from driver to lead driver so now office work for me now and the odd school's from Monday starting on lates longer hours and one Saturday in 4 but more money on the layout and to spend on our 5th grandchild which is due any day now.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

No new updates at moment hopefully in the next few weeks my long weekend starting from today till Wednesday as gone to just Sunday off.I only gone and got promoted from driver to lead driver so now office work for me now and the odd school's from Monday starting on lates longer hours and one Saturday in 4 but more money on the layout and to spend on our 5th grandchild which is due any day now.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Well done on the promotion - look forward to seeing the website develop, and yet another one to hopefully give the model railway bug too!  Hope all goes well.

Rich

Yes and me this one will be our first grandson and he could be here tonight as daughter is at the hospital now got rushed up about a hour a go so not much sleep tonight.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

Still in the land of the living lots happened since last update grandson arrived and doing well and costing me money already plus going to wedding and christianing then work got in the way and all this sun so all my spare time it's been on the beach well it is only across the road and to keep cool plenty of cider so no time for modeling.today I did a little bit put some grass down hopefully do some more tomorrow.

Steve

post-11944-0-90603900-1471463950_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-51910400-1471463960_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Hi

Today I decided to start building the station fence what a job walked away from it a few times peco spear fence every time I got one end conected the other come apart what a fiddly thing still got other platform to do need two more boxes plus the ramps but now glued in it looks ok just got to paint it and put some grass in front that's another day back at work tomorrow.

Steve

post-11944-0-27249800-1471550189_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-36768400-1471550198_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-97813400-1471550208_thumb.jpg

• Like 11