Premier Train Sales

Mike70

I have no experience of them but without a postal address on their website I would be wary. This goes for any internet sales outfit, model railways or not. They seem to be based in the Bournemouth area given their advertising on the net, no sign of any independent recommendations though.

They make no claim of being an authorized reseller for either Bachmann or Hornby so there would be no manufacturer after sales support. That would imply they are obtaining stock from wholesale outlets (nothing suspicious implied).

If you decide to buy from them perhaps you could tell us of your experience.

They make no claim of being an authorized reseller for either Bachmann or Hornby so there would be no manufacturer after sales support. That would imply they are obtaining stock from wholesale outlets (nothing suspicious implied).

I thought (from a previous thread on here about a new model shop http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85755-members-model-shop/ ). Don't Bachmann only deal with a shop with a street address?

Ian

Quite true, hence the only way for internet only retailers to obtain stock is via a wholesaler. There is nothing untoward about this, only that with an extra link in the distribution chain it means bargains are unlikely!

But Bachmann Europe don't deal with wholesalers (or at least in the UK, I don't know about mainland Europe), they only supply direct to the shop. I don't now how an internet only business would get Bachmann models, unless they bought them from a larger box shifter and then sold them on.....

Kind regards

Ian

EDIT: Just as an after thought, is this shop up and running? You can't buy directly from its web site as yet, so I wonder if it is just at some sort of testing stage!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The lack of a bricks and mortar address is a worry.

The item I was interested in, did seem a lot more expensive than Ebay.

But it was advertised as brand new.

However 11B's observation about not being able to pay online makes me even more nervous.

Don't fancy giving someone payment details over the phone.

Thanks again everyone,

Mike70

• 6 months later...

Came across this thread while researching the business before making a purchase. 

I ordered three Bachmann Scenecraft buildings from them and paid by PayPal via the link that has been added to their website.  Quick response to let me know the items were in stock and giving a postage cost.  Buildings arrived two days after payment and all were in mint condition.

No postal address on website or their PayPal account, but my experience with them has been good.

http://www.premiertrainsales.com/

The gentleman, Grant, is also connected to Premier Distribution, and to website design, and to Aquitania Collectables . Looking up the phone number given there and then searching gives this

United Kingdom »

England »

Bournemouth »

Premier Distribution

Premier Distribution, Bournemouth

Name

Premier Distribution

Region: England

City: Bournemouth

Postal code

BH9 1NJ

Address

32, Muscliffe Rd , BH9 1NJ

Phones

01202 859 742

Director / CEO: no information

Incorporated: no information

I have no reason to believe he is anything but honest, nor any connection to him, his business, or dealings with any person.

Archived