Diddly-dum!

coronach

• RMweb Premium

Hi Coronach

If you are confident to load pictures onto RMweb loading a bigger file onto YouTube should be straightforward.  You might need to setup a Google / gmail account but that doesn't cost and you just follow the online instructions. 

If you have copper telephone wires like us uploading is a slow process - a two minute HD quality video taking perhaps a good hour to transfer.  Lower quality take less time.  Once loaded there is a 'tab' to share the video and you can copy the address and paste it into your Blog or Post.

Fingers crossed you might be able to surprise your daughter.

Regards

Ray

Here we go then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp84gWEAHNg

• RMweb Premium

Well done Richard

As I mentioned elsewhere - 'Diddly-dum' very good.  After listening to your video I might even notch a few of my rails.  I suspect the effect will depend critically on repeating the exact '60ft' spacing.

Thanks

Ray

It is important to get the 60ft spacing correct.  Here is some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoYq9eQh8bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymzOUPVuqU&list=UUcWMjDArC9Fn1orGebpvigg

Thanks Richard

It is important to get the 60ft spacing correct.  Here is some more

Perhaps when you have different coach lengths and a steam engine with a completely different wheel arrangement the sounds get a bit mixed up.  I think the DMUs sound best.

Regards

Ray

PS We like your grass - do you mind me asking what you have done?

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Richard

Perhaps when you have different coach lengths and a steam engine with a completely different wheel arrangement the sounds get a bit mixed up.  I think the DMUs sound best.

Regards

Ray

PS We like your grass - do you mind me asking what you have done?

Simply a plaster base, painted brown sprinkled with a mixture of woodland scenic scatter colours whilst still wet.  Once dry, then I soak the whole lot with a water PVA dilute mix to secure and then add more scatter and other detail such as scrub, heather, (sheep!) etc. When completely dry, I then carefully vacuum to remove loose bits.

Thank you

.. painted brown sprinkled .. scatter colours whilst still wet.  ... PVA dilute mix to secure and then add more scatter and other detail such as scrub, heather, (sheep!) etc. When completely dry, I then carefully vacuum to remove loose bits.

The time is approaching when I will have run out of excuses!  Yours does look (and sound) impressive.

Regards

Ray

• RMweb Premium

Thank you

The time is approaching when I will have tun out of excuses!  Yours does look (and sound) impressive.

Regards

Ray

It is worth building up the 'foliage' in layers.  It gives the finished effect depth rather than a token appearance of scenery

• 1 month later...

Has no-one thought of the real reason why any exhibition layout has gaps at rail joints? Shortly after putting my layout on the exhibition circuit, a trader at one end of my layout commented on hearing the first train of the day diddly-dum around.  "I hope we are not going to be subject to that noise for the next couple of days"! "No" I replied, "When Joe Public arrives in larger numbers, they will heat up this now cold hall and the rail joints will close up." When I returned from my lunch I stopped and asked if the noise had subsided? He gave me one of those looks and asked as to what was I talking about.

Personally I would rather hear two 4-CEP's at speed on my layout than a sound chip equipped class 20 ticking over. Now there's a sound that pierces eardrums!

Archived