Mainline / Bachmann LMS 57' corridor panelled coaches

Mainline / Bachmann LMS 57' panelled corridor coaches

Trying to find out where and for how long these coaches operated after nationalisation, have noted that

~Bachmann have realised the brake 3rd in departmental livery .... is this fact or fiction. I notice from photos of local passenger stock in the fifties that there was a great deal of mixed stock and wondered if these coaches would have been in the mix as it were ?

I have checked through previous threads but not found a great deal of information regarding these

coaches

Over to the experts Cheers

That's good info , so they tended to get mixed into rakes with other types of coach. Have been studying the types of coaches that made up the trains between Chester Northgate and Manchester in the late 50's and some do look similar to these ex midland coaches . Difficult to indientify them exactly as not many side on photos of coaches as most shots tend to be of the locomotives. I know in earlier years ex Cheshire Lines stock were used but seem to have disappeared by this time period. 

• RMweb Premium

That's good info , so they tended to get mixed into rakes with other types of coach. Have been studying the types of coaches that made up the trains between Chester Northgate and Manchester in the late 50's and some do look similar to these ex midland coaches . Difficult to indientify them exactly as not many side on photos of coaches as most shots tend to be of the locomotives. I know in earlier years ex Cheshire Lines stock were used but seem to have disappeared by this time period.

Be aware that some ex period I corridor thirds were modified by Derby in 1947 for use on the CLC. The mod included removal of gangways at each end.

Archived