THE MODEL SHOW 6/7 Dec 2014

Long Line

THE MODEL SHOW

SCALE   MODELLING   EXHIBITION

6th & 7th December 2014

Maritime, Railway, Diorama, War-game, Road transport, Architectural, Military, Landscape, Figures, Sci-fi. Wildlife, radio control.

Surface vessels and submarines operating twice daily in the swimming pool.  14 working model railways.   Static exhibits and demonstrations, trade support, scale societies and model club stands.

Free parking  -  Full disabled access -  Refreshments

Poynton Leisure Centre,  Yew tree lane,  Poynton, Stockport,  Cheshire,  SK12 1PU

Saturday 10am - 5pm    -    Sunday 10am - 4.30pm

Adults  £5.50                             14-18yrs  £3.50

Uniform ID UK Forces & Service Personnel  £4.00

Family (2 adults + 3 U/18’s)  £15.00

Adult accompanied under 14’s free (maximum 2 per adult)

£3 after 3pm (per person Sat & Sun & U/14’s remain free)

For further details, updates and travel advice visit web page at

http://www.themodelshow.co.uk/

Those who exhibited/attended last year will be aware that we sold bacon butties to the early doors folk...which proved very popular..so much so that it sold out by half ten each day!

So we have doubled the bacon order for 2014 to extend this towards lunchtime..or until the bacon runs out again?

Price remains £1.50 each.

cheers Mark

Looking forward to this as usual.

I will be there again this year, but the main difference from last time being, that I now have two of the main boards for 'Glasgow Queen Street' EM under construction.

These are the two main station boards - eventually, there will also be 12 foot of Cowlairs tunnel, incorporating the main crossovers, but for now it is just the station boards. These come to Thirteen feet and will be the first time that they have been viewed in Public. At present, there is little track laid, as I am having to build it from C&L components due to the type of track used in GQS during 1988, not being available in ready made lengths ( Code 82 flat bottom rail, timber sleepers and Peco pandrol clips.........)

I will have some of my Stock out on view, on these boards - most of which can be seen in my gallery here:  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/member/10371-bigandy/

Anyhow, I would wlecome any feedback on the two existing boards and if you show enough interest, I can bore you to distraction over the plans for the rest of the layout!

See you in December

cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A change of exhibit for next weekend...

We have a large display of Radio controlled aircraft now attending and accordingly yours truly has had to 'fall on his sword' and cancel his own layouts attendance to make enough space..

Therefore we won't be having Aston Magna this year... but we still have 13 working layouts and several 'works in progress' many of which are new; the details of which we will relay over the coming week..

cheers Mark

PLEASE NOTE:

Due to an unforeseen tree felling incident i will have no land line and therefore internet access for the remainder of the week, i will try and keep posting as and when i can but any exhibitors wishing to contact me should use the number on the pre-event paperwork sent at the beginning of November..

cheers for now mark

Just a few days to go until the model show

started to organise a few things for the catering so you can eat and drink at the show.  

Looking forward to having my Grandad (David Parrish) demonstrating the workings of radio controlled aeroplanes with a have a go on the controls.

also  display of his old engines and propellers.

i also am looking forward to displaying and sailing (in the swimming pool) my little Carlson tug boat that i have done up from almost a toy.

Also the Churnet Valley Railway will be there with a static information stand with TV showing the Churnet Valley Railway.

Look forward to see many people this weekend in Poynton

cheers Edward (member of Poynton Railway Modellers and steward at the show)   

I am pleased to report that the 'Bristol East lads' have pulled out all the stops over the past few months to re-wire Porth-St-John for its first journey out of the South West and only its 2nd full operating session... this lovely 4mm GWR Edwardian layout is well worth the entry price in my book... but that's probably why i booked it when i first saw it?

Another first outing will be Dave Wheeltons  Newfield in OO and OO9.... this will be attending with versions of Newfield in 3mm and 7mm.. so that's 3 x the same location modelled in 3 very different styles.

Lastly and not least we also have Andy Clayton premiering his EM Queen street layout as a 'work in progress'..

Cheers Mark

Hi

Poynton Railway Modellers member and steward at the show Ray Parrish (DAD) will be displaying and occasionally maybe running one of his North American Layout's boards at the show. The board he is bringing is the mine board with standard gauge as the main running part but with a bit of narrow gauge running on the mine. 

also on this board see his scratch built building for the mine, narrow gauge bridge and tunnel entrance (tea stirrers MC Donald's). On the rest of the board is the siding with scratch built fence built from haberdashery material and wire.

NEW for this years show is that we have the use of the swimming pool at selected times to sail radio controlled boats and submarines from Etherow Model Boat club and also my little Carlson Tug boat as well. (Please enter the main show hall to pay before seeing the sailing on the Swimming pool)

see you at the show on saturday or sunday this weekend.

Remember show opens 10:00am both days and finishes 5:00pm on saturday and 4:30pm on sunday 

See you there     

Edward (member of Poynton Railway Modellers and steward at the show)   

This is a great little show with a variety of modelling content not just railways and you can always learn from other disciplines! WFRM will be manning the S4 society stand and will have our friends from Wigan FRM in tow with their demo.

Mike

• RMweb Gold

I shall be there with Appledore, so do come along and say hello. :-)
I've attended all of these events and must say that they stand well as a model railex alone, given the number and standard of layouts and traders.  The pressennce of the other, non-railway, exhibits is a massive bonus.  Makes a nice change and it's good to chat with these modellers and learn from their different approaches and techniques. 
Well worth a visit IMHO.

Be good to see you Bob, I'm sure you will come over and have a lurk around my Queen St boards.

I've been busy sticking pieces of Templot paper trackwork down and the majority of it is now on the boards. Not started any pointwork as of yet but I'm aiming to have some temporary EM track down for the weekend, so that I can show some of my sound Locos moving.

Will be spending the next couple of evenings packing stock and all the relevant tools and...........oh yeah......the boards need dropping for transportation!

cheers

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Be good to see you Bob, I'm sure you will come over and have a lurk around my Queen St boards.

I've been busy sticking pieces of Templot paper trackwork down and the majority of it is now on the boards. Not started any pointwork as of yet but I'm aiming to have some temporary EM track down for the weekend, so that I can show some of my sound Locos moving.

Will be spending the next couple of evenings packing stock and all the relevant tools and...........oh yeah......the boards need dropping for transportation!

cheers

Andy

I'm looking forward to this weekend, and in particular to seeing Queen Street for the first time, even in an embryonic state.

See you in Poynton people! :-)

only a day to go until we start to set up the show and setting up Churnet Valley railway Stand.

Also i will be showing german model tanks and a Rc tugboat that will also be sailing on the swimming pool.

see you at the Model Show Edward

Only a few hours until we let people in to set up the show for the weekend. 

i will be there with Grandad and his model aeroplanes.

also i will be there to help direct traffic for the show outside.Mother (Emily) will also be there to set up the Churnet Valley railway stand and then start to help prepare the weekends catering. 

see you later this afternoon at the show Edward

Archived