Super Quick Card buildings

Blobrick

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if the more knowledgeable amongst  the RMweb community could enlighten me please?. I ve been looking at the classic Super quick card buildings series, whilst l am aware that they are generic in nature, l can't help feel that they have a "Southern" feel to them. I suspect that is partly due to the colour of the brick work which is similar to building all around the London area. I am contemplating using the "Country" station and "Island" platform builds in a West of England layout l am working on, set some where between Salisbury Yeovil-ish area.  What do RM members think about the suitability of these models for this area? 

Bob C

• RMweb Gold

From the wiki page:

'Mostly the buildings are modelled in the architectural vernacular of the 1930s British suburbs and provinces.'

The company who produces them have apparently called the style 'Basingstoke 1935', and I would agree that the A Series models in particular are suitable for Home Counties and South England settings.

I've always thought Superquick buildings were only meant for modelling locations South of Watford Gap.

'Basingstoke 1935' - that must be about half way between Waterloo and Salisbury?

I think those station buildings mentioned above have green doors and that tends to suggest S.R. (or BR (SR) to me as well, although I'm sure some other railway companies had green doors.

Archived