Bachmann 37 - Where does this bit go?

topsy11

Hello.

I'm really sorry if this is a stupid question but being a non - train buff I'm not sure where this part goes....

end_zps9b57d6ed.jpg

I've fitted the snow ploughs and a similar shaped pipe but can't see any holes as to where I'd attach this piece to the chassis or body??

Also without jumping the gun too much where would I go about getting the connection that goes by the hook in this pic? That's how I'd like my detailed end to look ideally!

37end_zpsed949efc.jpg

The pipe must fit somewhere if right for the actual loco - or is it spare for your one - got any photos of the bufferbeam? The screwlink might need an alternative sourcing... the only Bachmann one I've found to be complete and nice is that on my 47... but others are probably good - but if yours in an old 37 then it possibly has just the hook. Peters Spares possibly source a Hornby one - wish I could remember the number - X5069 or something link that????? or a smiths one is good and exactoscale (for looks) are the best but need assembling... but they are a working screwlink!!!!

HTH

Jon

Well that's what I'm thinking but I've spent half an hour looking at it and scratting my head and can't see where it goes - the loco was brand new (although I'm unsure how old it actually is) and come with a sealed detail bag.

Here's a pic of how it looks at the moment...

37_zpse704335c.jpg

Dude, is that a ribbed pipe ? That'll be a vacuum brake pipe then. Your photo doesn't have it, as the loco shown is too modern and has only air brakes.

Have a look at brian daniels photo site and he has details of class 37 and pipes. Basically it fits ( as we look at it ) on the left between the snow plough black mount and orange multi socket.

But check the photos and also if your actual loco would have had it ( which one Is it ? ), check back with me and I'll find some photos if you have any issues

Hi Rob,

First of all thank you for replying and the help. 

That Brian Daniels website has some superb models/photo's!

Its 37410 ' Aluminium 100 ' The pic is of a ribbed pipe so I'm guessing its the vacuum pipe, not sure why they included it if its not for my loco unless its a universal detailing pack??

So I can add a screw link to the hook and fit the multi socket link once the bodies back on. Some of the 37's look really detailed at the front compared to mine  :cry:

I've also found a pic of 37410 with a red buffer beam although I'm probably jumping the gun a little with that one!!!  :no:

Ok, so large logo 1980s would have had the vacuum pipe still. So as you look at the front deffo just left of the little twin D snowplough bracket .

You can just see it on the above, to immediate right of left hand buffer, curving round and down in a D shape

Thanks Rob.

I promise this'll be my last question...

Is there anywhere that sells 00 versions of these as I've just done some google searching and it just brings up car brake pipes, stuff for planes etc but nothing that I'm looking for. I've just been on Petes Spares but can't find them on there either!

Thanks again for all your help.

Well, you can pick up Heljan, Hornby or Bachmann spare on eBay.

If you look at howes models of Oxford website, they have white metal versions from the likes of shawplan, and other detail suppliers.

Or if you get really desperate I could dig you some out for a price...

I did say no more questions, so apologies but having looked on the Howes website I've seen this...

http://www.howesmodels.co.uk/product/Two%20pairs%20of%20screw%20link%20couplings

Which is exactly what I'm looking for to add a screw link. 

Does anyone have any experience of removing the plastic hook currently in place on the Bachmann 37. I've gave it a little pull but it seems pretty firmly in place!

Here is my EWS 37401 with all its buffer beam pipe work... :senile:

That looks superb!

Could you explain the items you've used to create such fantastic buffer beam detail? I'd be more than happy if I can get my 37's front end looking like yours! 

Archived