T9s between Wadebridge and Bodmin?

TomJ

More Cornish questions from me I'm afraid!

I know the ex-SR T9s were regular (classic) motive power on the North Cornwall line. I'm wondering if they ever (either regularly or very occasionally) worked south of Wadebridge to Boscarne and Bodmin? I've never seen a picture of it in all the books and websites I've seen. Clearly there wasn't turning facilities at Bodmin North but I have seen N moguls pulling two coach locals there, and hauling clay trains to Bodmin General.

Just trying to get ideas for locos for a early 60s Boscarne/Bodmin general inspired layout. So far in N gauge I have for the ex SR side a M7 (instead of a O2) and an Ivatt 2-6-2 with an an mogul on pre order

And how does 'Camelbridge' sound for the name of a. remote halt serving a small village???

Better than Bodbridge! Camelbod? Seriously, I have never seen any pictures if T9s, let alone the real thing on that line till recently when the restored T9 showed up. It would be nice to see that one painted in Southern green for a change. Nice model railway project, though.

Brian.

And how does 'Camelbridge' sound for the name of a. remote halt serving a small village???

As both Mickey and Brian say above, 'CAMEL BRIDGE' in seperate words is an excellent choice - I dont know if the name has been used before though. 'Anyone else know otherwise?

:-)

You're quite right about it being remote, and to an extent it still is!

Yes, N's did very occasionally run, so a T9 is not out of the question.

Sometimes it's all about luck, ie someone was in the right place, at the right time and with a camera.

So who is to,say the never did it?

And after all it is your layout, and as its fictitious, then why not?

Actually it's the opposite - I was rather hoping for conformation they weren't regular performers!! The only T9 in N is the Union Mills that isn't easy to convert to DCC and a little basic in the details. So I wasn't going to run one unless they were essential for the period.

Now if Dapol/Farish release an all singing and dancing upto date model that would be a different matter....

Thanks for the suggestions re the name. Camel Bridge it is then

• 1 year later...

I have had at least a passing interest in the Bodmin and Wadebridge line for upwards of fifty years and I have never seen a photograph of a T9 in the area other than on a North Cornwall line working. While it isn't impossible that a T9 got to Bodmin on some occasion, it is unlikely and you can certainly rest assured that it wasn't at all commonplace.

Archived