Hornby Princess Elizabeth what year made?

GWR1962

I have just bought a Princess Elizabeth which appears to have the top of the Limited Edition Gold one in LMS Crimsion and normal colour wheels, not gold. It is loco driven and made in China. Anyone know what year it was made? I have not received it yet so limited detail but this is the page on the bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-L-M-S-4-6-2-PRINCESS-ELIZABETH-CHINA-MADE-/331378644200?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=bBc57jvuWuDaIe8Re9fW%252BMVs824%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hornby collectors website which is very useful only goes up to 2002

It seemed worth a gamble at £51.

I have just bought a Princess Elizabeth which appears to have the top of the Limited Edition Gold one in LMS Crimsion and normal colour wheels, not gold. It is loco driven and made in China. Anyone know what year it was made? I have not received it yet so limited detail but this is the page on the bay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-L-M-S-4-6-2-PRINCESS-ELIZABETH-CHINA-MADE-/331378644200?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=bBc57jvuWuDaIe8Re9fW%252BMVs824%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hornby collectors website which is very useful only goes up to 2002

It seemed worth a gamble at £51.

I can help you here.

I have exactly the same loco (and a very nice one it is too!).  I also have the BR Black version that was limited to 2004 models.

These were made in 2004 and they just missed out on being DCC ready.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

It is loco driven and made in China. Anyone know what year it was made?

Looking at the pics, it looks like the one I got in 2003/2004 From Marks and Spencer in "The Royal Train" set which was originally sold exclusively through them for £119 but Hornby did their own version of it a year of two later with changes to the box. Hornby name added, pic on box reversed etc.

I think it is split from Royal scot red premier box (Argos £199).

I'm not familiar with that set. What era does the set portray?

The one that was in the auction has the electric warning flashes on it and being in LMS livery means it's in it's preserved condition which is how the one looks that I have.

She was standby loco for Duchess of Sutherland on Royal Train duties in 2002 but was never used.

Archived