skytrex factorys

PAUL WAYNE

Hi Paul,

With regards to the windows it's your choice of whatever suits you, i would probably use a brushed Humbrol matt of your choice (industrial greens tend to be dark).

For the brickwork i tend to spray a coat of red oxide car primer, then run very dilute white/cream into the mortar joints on the tip of a brush, where it runs into the courses. If the windows are removable, so much the better, (but they might still benefit from a coat of primer prior to painting green),if not paint once the brickwork is painted and weathered, using the red primer as a base coat.

Peter

Hi Paul

My preferred method for brickwork is to spray the entire structure (after washing the resin castings) with Halfords grey primer. This forms a good basis for painting the window frames etc. The brickwork is dry brushed with Humbrol brick red (add a little matt black if it is too light for your own taste). Make sure that the brush is lightly loaded and draw over the surface of the brickwork in light diagonal strokes - take your time building up the colour density.

This is part of my effort:

post-5673-0-92936300-1416407758_thumb.jpg

Note that the ends and roofs are not part of the Skytrex offerings.

Regards.

oh I see that spray will make brick work right? peter and the doors and windows are fixed in

dose anyone else have any idea's for bnrick work colours? just as a 2nd choice

Paul,

Photo of a resin bit that I have sprayed and painted as described, I then added a bit of weathering with some powders to give a bit of variety.

post-18627-0-83376900-1416423906_thumb.jpg

These photos show my scratchbuilt signal box for my 7mm scale Cwm Bach layout. The brickwork is from embossed plasticard and one photo shows the sequence of painting. For resin I would would first spray with Halfords matt grey primer and use that as the base for the subsequent stages starting with dry brushing the brickwork on panel 4. I then run more diluted mortar colour into the pointing and finshi by picking individual bricks, which is v. tedious indeed, but worthwhile.

post-13142-0-34299600-1416436666_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-37834800-1416436668_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-11254000-1416436670_thumb.jpg

Archived