Β 

Another fix for the Alco-holics this time featuring the Morristown & Erie C424 seen lurking in various parts of Benson yard. These are more of the pictures I took on Andy’s last visit, but it is one of his locos, the usual all singing and dancing job.

Β 

26490031117_b3b4bcdfea_z.jpg

Β 

40466233015_11190c180a_z.jpg

Β 

27490507408_fb1f1dc162_z.jpg

Β 

40466274875_066d8287c1_z.jpg

Β 

Peter M
  • Like 6

We come now to the end of that Alco session, I am sure there will be more, Andy seems unable to resist them. Not that there is anything wrong with that. So the last couple of shots show the two Alcos tied up while the crew head off to a nearby diner for some beans.

Β 

41383219521_f355b691fe_z.jpg

Β 

40488422525_bff72e6140_z.jpg

Β 

Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
  • Like 6

I’ve just found a couple of photos Andy took which are a tad different to what has been posted. The first showing the D&L C420 at rest one evening and the otherΒ  a moody shot of a covered hopper spotted at the Medusa cement plant.
Β 
26514003297_b7b40f3688_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Peter M

Β 

Edited by Broadoak
missing pics
  • Like 7

A typical mid week scene at Benson, nothing exotic just TVRR geep #8 working in the yard.Β  She has been rebuilt in the I&W shops at Rosston to a full GP18 specification and is now 1800 hp.Β 

Β 

She is joined later in the day by an SP SD45 looking slightly less than immaculate on a train of empty boxcars that will be loaded with lumber.

Β 

Β 

26535216917_3d70ab294c_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

41405993751_dacb10108c_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Peter M

Β 

Edited by Broadoak
missing pics
  • Like 4

It seems the site that I uploaded my photographs on postimage.org is currently not working, so all my images have gone. I have had my suspicions for some time and recently started using Flickr instead.Β 

This is the third time this has happened to me and if Flickr folds up I will not be posting any more photographs.

I intend re-doing some of the more recent images but this will all take time.

I am not the only one affected apparently some 140 million images are affected.

Β 

Β 

Peter M

Peter, I was wondering why you and many others use photo hosting sites. I seem to remember problems with Β fotopic and photobucket.

Β 

Β 

I simply post my photos on RMweb or Facebook. Am I missing something?

Peter, I was wondering why you and many others use photo hosting sites. I seem to remember problems with Β fotopic and photobucket.

Β 

Β 

I simply post my photos on RMweb or Facebook. Am I missing something?

Pardon me for jumping in Peter,

No, Mal - you are not missing anything!

It's simply that if you post pictures on Flickr for example, you may then post on other forums anywhere in the world. You can't AFAIK do that from RMWeb but I stand to be corrected.

Like, Peter and many others, I really hope that Flickr does not die. I think it is part of Yahoo now but whether that is a help or a hindrance, I don't know. I'm not massively keen on Yahoo anymore and have considered giving up my Flickr 'Pro' status because of it. Yes, I am/soon to be was(?) a paying member of Flickr as I felt it was worth it.

Not so with Yahoo, some of my 'groups' have been jumping ship recently.

Cheers,

John.

Β John. - Thanks for the info.

Β 

I did try posting a few photos on Flickr but found navigating it rather confusing, probably just me having a senior moment. I can appreciate that Flickr seems to be a good photo reference source.

Β 

Β 

Peter - Β I hope you continue posting your photos, they are always enjoyable to see.

Β 

Β 

Mal

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to start re up loading the missing photos. I will start with the most recent then go back towards the begining.

I have just done this four times on my Two Sister's Farm threads, it takes a long time, but I will get there in the end.

Β 

Regards to all Peter M

Edited by Broadoak
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
I have now replaced well over 1100 photographs on this and my Two Sister’s Farm thread. However there are still some missing due to a pc crash I suffered

some years ago. As most of these were not taken by me I really have no idea what they were other than the general subject. I intend to replace some of these missing photographs with new ones which I will take myself.

I will post these photos here so everyone can see them, they are ones that will feature my own locos and stock.Β 

Β 

Regards Peter M

• Like 3

#381 backs her train of pulp wood cars into the west yard loading track and leaves them to be loaded. The geep then runs up to the servicing area and ties up while the crew head for a nearby diner.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

41968933491_9f1f9ff9f1_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 
41069577115_237f422c3c_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

41069597115_15ae1e97f0_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Peter M

Β 

Edited by Broadoak
missing pics
  • Like 4

The I&W geep is seen tied up at the rear of the west yard master’s grounded caboose. The crew, having shut the engine down have to loose themselves in town for a few hours while their train is loaded with pulp wood brought in by trucks.

Β 

40185832610_255b1cc600_z.jpg

Β 

27123320677_753817f49b_z.jpg

Β 

40185853880_8de93cd9dd_z.jpg

Β 

41273691644_19ca6beae5_z.jpg

Β 

The crew return and re-start the geep then head down to the pulpwood loading track. They find their train is loaded and ready to go. So they couple onto it and pull the train to the loop, park the cars and run round the train. When they have coupled onto the front of the train after a brake test they set off for the mill at Hodge LA picking up more loads on the way.Β 

Β 

Peter M

• Like 5

While the I&W geep crew are having a break that morning TVRR Alco S2 arrives with a car of fuel oil to fill up the tank at theΒ  basic facilities found at Benson. She spots the car in the flour mill headshunt temporarily because the I&W geep that brought in the pulpwood cars earlier in the day is standing on the fuel track next to the tank.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

42039198151_51c6c50c71_h.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 
27168831717_1dab94db65_h.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 
Peter M

Β 

Edited by Broadoak
missing pics
  • Like 3

Sorry about the previous post, I’m still getting used to Flickr.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

When the I&W geep leaves to make up its train for the pulp mill at Hodge LA, the Alco backs out with the fuel car and runs around it in the loop. It is now in a position to push the car back next to the tank for the transfer of fuel to take place.Β 

Β 

Β 

While the fuel is being transferred from the car to the tank the Alco heads down to the east yard to get details of his next job from the yardmaster.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

27169033257_7e5fa3264c_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

28166310568_380900f4bd_z.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β