Model of Wallingford old station

The Wallingford Branch celebrates its 150th anniversary in 2016.

I seem to remember seeing a model of the old Wallingford station on the exhibition circuit a few years ago - does anyone else here recall it/know whose it was?

Many thanks

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to remember seeing a model of the old Wallingford station on the exhibition circuit a few years ago - does anyone else here recall it/know whose it was?

Many thanks

Richard

There's a not very accurate N gauge model from the Culm Valley MRC, and I think a much better one in 7mm scale by Gerry Beale? There may well be others as Wallingford is quite an iconic station – whatever that means...

• 6 months later...

There's a not very accurate N gauge model from the Culm Valley MRC, and I think a much better one in 7mm scale by Gerry Beale? There may well be others as Wallingford is quite an iconic station – whatever that means...

Many thanks

Richard

There was a 2mm finescale model for sale via the 2mm Association a couple of years ago it might have been that one. The Culm Valley MRC one is a representation of the line using slightly modified kits. It can be viewed on www.wallingford1965.weebly.com or www.cvmrc.co.uk. The station area is a reasonable copy of the original however the CWS Creamery is modelled using a Metcalfe kit so is not an accurate copy. A much better model of this can be found on the "Vale of Oxbury" layout. There is a none working model in the Wallingford Museum. This is also in N gauge. Have included a picture of the Culm Valley MRC layout. It is still on the exhibition circuit but depicts a post 1965 era which was after the branch closed..post-23724-0-28205900-1434226570_thumb.jpg

Archived