What can you do with older Farish Steam Locomotives

• 3 weeks later...

You can probably make that work, but this is a model that Bach are likely to offer in N, since they are working on an OO version. Likewise the Coal Tank which has an OO model on the way.

It's up to you, but I like to concentrate my DIY effort on models less likely to emerge RTR in the foreseeable future. Were there any non-MR pre-group design 0-6-0, 0-6-0T, 2-6-0, 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 types working in the LMS section you model? Mention of a Coal Tank makes me think LNWR, so is there scope for George V 4-4-0, PoW 4-6-0, Watford Tank, that sort of thing?

The moment I start working on one, they will appear in the shops, the problem is with Bachman is the length of time these things tend to take before they appear. Even with my production timescales they are not as bad a the Ivatt 2-6-0 timescale from announcement to appearance in shops.

I have a few plans for a few 4-6-0 and 0-6-0 loco's but as always too many ideas to little time... :(

It often seems that way; in OO as fast as I cobbled together loco drive A3, B17 and 9Fs, and a K3 and O1 out of RTR parts, way superior all new models were offered. I was just thinking about a 'K1' when Hornby announced it. Am I going to do an O4/7 or O4/8 for which I have the parts? Confining myself to 0-6-0 types for now, as we are never likely to see all of these; most recently pushed a J11 chassis into a J39 that had clapped out its old split chassis running gear, simply to get a working layout engine...

Archived