Aluminium Angle with Pre-drilled Holes for Cassettes

bigP

• RMweb Premium

hobby's have angle in 600mm lengths pre drilled, But aluminium is easy to drill I'd buy the undrilled stuff and just put the holes where I'd want them.

You don't say where you live but there should be an aluminium stockist fairly near to you.  They are vastly cheaper than the DIY stores and will probably cut and drill to your spec if you pay them.  Look in Yellow pages or google aluminium stockists.

Remember not to get anodised aluminium.  No conductivity !

• RMweb Premium

I must have missed something.  what is the problem with drilling your own holes - aluminium is easy to cut and high speed twist drills are cheap?  I presume that cutting to length with a hacksaw  is acceptable ?

Andy

I think that if you want longer lengths than 600mm, you will have to collect from the stockist due to likelyhood of damage in transit.

That allows you to examine and ensure that the lengths you get are straight and undamaged.

I must have missed something.  what is the problem with drilling your own holes - aluminium is easy to cut and high speed twist drills are cheap?  I presume that cutting to length with a hacksaw  is acceptable ? Andy

You did miss it:- post #4....

Yeah that's the sort of thing, but after some nice long runs.   Yeah I think it's looking like a drilling session for sure.  Was hoping to be lazy and find the pre drilled stuff.  How I long for the good old days when the shops stocked exactly what you needed, when you needed it too!   Cheers all,Paul

:D

Come to that if you don't fancy drilling holes why not just glue it to a wooden strip. Most diy merchants will cut the wood for you (although they might not want to cut very thin strips) and some sticks like sh*t will do the job.

• RMweb Premium

If you are after all happy to go with the undrilled aluminium, then you may be interested in http://www.clickmetal.co.uk/ - I've recently purchased from them and was happy with the service.

Note that the prices are ex-VAT, as is the delivery, so take that in to account when comparing their prices. For my requirements, they came out much cheaper than the 'free postage' suppliers of the same products on Ebay.

Dave

Archived