Hornby's Official Layouts

Just received, Decembers, I think, BRM magazine and it has various suppliments with it.

There is a stockist guide to Hornby, many may have got it, but through out there are some pictures of scences from, what I assume are Hornby's official marketing layouts.

These pixs are obviously very good, high in colour etc but there is a great pic of a derelict signal box which to me, anyway, looks fantastic. Even got the window frame leaning against the wall.

I just wondered who made Hornby's layouts and if they are well known to people on various forums? ie do they have their own layouts on forums like this one?

Cheers, Jerry

hi - when I subscribed to the Hornby mag I recall that the front covers of the mag were of equally excellent quality and there was usually a note inside saying class so and so taken on fred bloggs layout. Im guessing they have one or two phenomenally good scenic layouts available for photographic purposes but not necessarily Hornbys property

Chris

actually the layouts are owned by Hornby and built a by a layout building company it was mention in the previous version of the forum the Hornby magazine is not related to Hornby model train company.

Its possible the Hornby magazine mentioned by Chris may relate to their own in house club magazine but yes 'Hornby Magazine' is independent by Ian Allan.

We did link to the site of the builder of those layouts on old rmweb but I seem to remember the Hornby layout content was removed. Possibly he didn't have an agreement to use pictures of them or something. No idea what the site was to link again but he offered building services and showed a couple of other large private layouts.

All very twee trainset type iirc.

Archived