Special Commisions/free subscription Items

scottystitch

• RMweb Gold

I note that there is nothing available in the special commisions section or as a "gift" for subscribing in respect of n-gauge. Is there any chance of this changing? The magazine reasonably represents the gauge in terms of articles and layouts, and with 20% of the uk model railway market, there would be a proportionate uptake I'd imagine. so how about it?........

Scotty.

I note that there is nothing available in the special commisions section or as a "gift" for subscribing in respect of n-gauge. Is there any chance of this changing? The magazine reasonably represents the gauge in terms of articles and layouts, and with 20% of the uk model railway market, there would be a proportionate uptake I'd imagine. so how about it?........

Scotty.

Very few subscriptions gifts are gauge-related. I can think only of the current SNCB Ferry wagon in that respect. As to the limited edition market, the minimum run for a limited edition model is 500 pieces and while that is a workable quantity in 'OO', the 'N' gauge market (at 10% of 'OO') is not large enough to provide sales of 500 pieces. We did try it several years ago, with a three-pack of tank wagons and we are very unlikely to repeat the experiment.

CHRIS LEIGH

Well i was referring to the special editions Model Rail have in the magazine. A two page spread. all oo........ my understanding was that N had 20% of the oo gauge market . according to Bachman anyway.....

I think I answered that in my post above. We don't do 'N' gauge limited editions because we can't sell 500 of an item in N gauge. I've never heard the N gauge market quoted as high as 20% (my understanding is around 10%) but even at 20% that means you would only sell around 100 in N compared to 500 in OO. 

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived