more retailer issues from Hornby

shunny

I visited my local shop today who have received their 2015 order form from Hornby and a couple of things that have changed this year for retailers are firstly the order form states that the minimum order quantity for a Hornby Loco is now 2 units from 1 previously and that some items have had the profit margins reduced again to approx 25%. On this first point my local shop will be contacting Hornby to make sure this is not a typing error but if correct I think this most unfair on the small local shops as they often only stock 1 of each loco unless it is of local interest, this would mean for example my local would carry a far smaller range of loco's as they feel they are unable to sell 2 of some of the more unusual liveries or models not from the local area. Potentially leaving them with a difficult decision re customer orders where they would have to decide whether to order a loco for a customer they may not carry (i.e. I recently ordered the LSWR M7 not big in demand in Scotland) and potentially be left with a model that does not sell or to not to order and advise the customer to buy elsewhere and loose the Business. On the 2nd point it is crazy to think that 2 years ago Hornby products were discounted by 20% by some retailers and now the shops are making just over that in profit again this will hit the small trade more as they don't have the volumes of sales to make up the difference. I know my local are looking hard at what Hornby products they sell and what they can source from other suppliers who offer better terms and I am sure they will not be the only ones to do this.

Let the chap type how he wants, you are not compelled to read it if it is too difficult for you

You want to try reading that if your dyslexic...  Paragraphs really do make things easier. If the guy wants to get his point across (and it's a serious point he's making) he'll want to have as many people read it as possible.

Porcy

Archived