Nce procab questions

Matt

I've just upgraded from dynamis to an nce procab system but a couple of things concerning me...

1. When I power up the system several of my dcc locos surge forward for a fraction of a second. Is this normal?

2. If I'm driving one train and leave running, but then select another loco address and control that, on returning to first loco by entering address, it stops. I've read about the recall mode but do I have to do this every time? Got impression this was more of a problem for light and sound but this is actually stopping the train (setting speed to zero). My dynamis would allow me to re select a loco and continue from where I'd left off...

Any advice welcomed.

M

Hi Matt

1 ive noticed certain locos do this on our club layout I'm not sure as to why

2 ive not heard of the loco stopping when re selected like you said it's normally just the function I'd suggest resetting the control using the program menu > program cmd station and scroll through to reset

And you can stop the function issue on the newer updates in thus menu too by turning of function refresh

• RMweb Premium

The NCE should have a recall stack of up to 6 - it defaults to 2 but that can be changed as detailed in the manual. Beware, the upper limit could not go above 2 on older units, it required a firmware fix.

You need to enter the locos onto the recall stack so that you can pick them up where you left off when you switch back to them. Select the first loco as usual. Press recall before selecting the next loco and so on. Then all you should need to do is to repeatedly press the Recall button to "reclaim" the loco you want to control.

I can't help with the power-on problem.

I went from Lenz compact to Dynamis to Procab, and over the last 15 years I have always had locos behave in the way you describe on all systems, so yes it is normal behaviour.

As for your second problem, I have always found it annoying that re entering  a running loco's address causes it to restart, and thus far I have been to lazy to read the manual for loco recall. With the good lady off to work in a minute, I think I might treat myself to some loft time, and get the manual out !!

Archived