RuthlessRob

The Cravens 112 with mechanical transmission and 113 with hydraulic transmission (and roof mounted headcode box) ran between Colne and Skipton up until withdrawn in 1969. It is difficult to tell the difference between a Cravens 105/6 and a 112 unless you can see the engines.

Paul J.

Just for completeness, here are my Bachmann green classes 105 and 108, showing the lights under DCC. The last shot is very blurry but shows the interior lights to better effect.

BachmannClass105and108Lights-1_zps2ae017

BachmannClass105and108Lights-2_zpsc1d615

BachmannClass105and108Lights-3_zps458286

The decoders I used in these two are as follows:

Class 105: ESU LokPilot in the powered car and Bachmann 36-553 (which is essentially an ESU Basic decoder) in the dummy car;

Class 108: ESU LokSound v3.5 (with Howes sounds) in the powered car and Hattons' in the dummy car.

• RMweb Gold

Looks impressive, but dmu's weren't fitted with red bulbs in the marker lights until the late 70s and until 1981 more than one red lamp on the rear of a train indicated a royal train

Perfectly true, Russ. However, fitting a working oil tail lamp creates its own problems on these models! I keep thinking that, as a compromise, I will try to snip the wires to one side red light, not only on the DMUs but also on most of my green diesels.

Maybe later!! :D

• RMweb Premium

And while we're at it make them glow like an incandescent bulb not light up the night sky like a modern LED ;)

Dapol have it right on their class 22 and 52 models and have the level of headcode illumination spot on as well.  A shame that the likes of Bachmann insist on fitting everything with brilliant white / red lights and cab lighting which stays on when in reality it was off whilst in motion.

Archived