February 15 issue

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Hi

In the new issue there is a section about Hornby's new release catalogue. On page 39 in the top right corner beneath the In Brief banner there is a picture of Hornbys new Olton Hall. Is there any chance of seeing a bigger clever photo?

Regards, Ryan

Kind of wish it said Hogwarts Railways on the tender...

It's interesting how that livery is applied on the various licensed models. On the Hornby (Castle) model the text appears to be correctly scaled, but the "Hogwarts Railways" text is illegible at a "normal" viewing distance.  This is true for most photographs of Olton Hall - except for close-ups of the tender.

The Bachmann (Hall) model and the Lionel model chose to blow up the text. It doesn't look better and doesn't match what was filmed with Olton Hall, but is much more legible. Given that children are the intended audience for this model I can follow their reasoning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Time for a small grumble :O

Bit miffed as I bought the digital issue because the ad said the O guage layout Oldham King Street was featured (not to be confused with the O gauge layout Oldham King Street Parcels) partly because it will be at the BHMRC show this year...but its not :O

Even the contents page says its featured...but not in my digital download :)

Am I missing summat?

post-3290-0-28716500-1421527004_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Pete

• RMweb Gold

Here's the ad too....

Must admit, I thought it was a bit strange to follow Oldham King Street Parcels with something similar...but as it is described in two separate ads I didn't find out until purchased...

post-3290-0-17685600-1421527546.jpg

Apologies for that; it looks like an error where some of the previous month's list was left in the template. P80 is two pages in to Much Murkle. A gentle ribbing of the editor is on tomorrow's to-do list.

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for that; it looks like an error where some of the previous month's list was left in the template. P80 is two pages in to Much Murkle. A gentle ribbing of the editor is on tomorrow's to-do list.

Thanks for this Andy - it's only £3 so that's no big deal and had I gone to WHS I could have (ripped open the plastic ;)) and had a quick flick through to check but not possible with the online issue - I was more concerned you would have had grumbles from people with axes to grind.

Archived