Stromallee - 21st century Saxony in TT.

Taigatrommel

Hi Rich,

Ooh, really? Eek! I didn't know about tensioning the system unfortunately and don't know where we could do that.

I *think* my friend has the Viessmann equivalent, don't know if it's as good.

We are using the Veissmann masts if that helps. In H0 scale!

Cheers,

John.

Edited by Allegheny1600

• RMweb Premium

HI Rich

Is that the correct number of droppers for that span and are they the correct depths?

Only joking. I do have various tables for British spans and number and depth of the droppers does depending on the length of span. This so the correct catenery curve to support the contact wire keeping it level with the track.

• 1 month later...

Well, having had a break fiddling with big stuff (well, EM), I've got Stromallee back in my sights.  Today Andi (Dagworth, Ravensclyffe) got the overhead tensions, and thee first tests with pan up ran.  There were a few minor tweaks but in general the work so far has proven itself.  There's a little more work to do, but I epxect to be able to put landscape over the anchor points this weekend.

http://youtu.be/hFM5ppVdaZw

Edited by Taigatrommel
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The (unfinished) petrol station in its context.  I've been playing with foamboard (Canson Carton Plume) for the concrete, it seems effective, once I add some more colours it should come to life.  The tarmac road is artists' foam, with some colour applied by make-up sponges.

The petrol station is from Auhagen, and has been altered to have one set of pumps rather than two to fit the space.

post-6973-0-86090300-1454495215_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Stromallee is for sale.  Available after 30th September, I can deliver within about 50 miles of Cheltenham, e.g. as far as Birmingham.  As a starting point, £750 would include all buildings and electronics, e.g. the point motors and their decoders.  By negotiation I could reduce the price through reclamation of the electronics and certain buildings.  The layout normally stands on four Wickes trestles, so you'll need something to take their place as I use them for lots of other jobs!  If you're looking for a start in continental TT I could sort you out a limited amount of stock, though not much as I'm continuing with the scale and very little of what I have won't be used on other projects.  I could even start you off in DCC with a Fleischmann Twin Center!  Stromallee will be at the European Railway Association exhibition on 30th September at 100 Icknield Port Rd, Birmingham, B16 0AA - come and see if you fancy it!

I simply want to work on other projects and need space.

Edited by Taigatrommel