Class 37 Slab sided fuel tank locations?

Lukasz

Now looking at prototype photos of 37057 it would appear that the fuel tank with no rasied detailing and gauges was at the same end on both sides of the loco.

Am I right as it would seem the slab sided bit is under the numbers on both sides.

Please can someone confirm this for me before I start filing down detail I can't get back?

Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

You don't say what livery it is, so I'll steer clear from the number location in my description.

The steps on the tanks that have been removed would have led to the bodyside access steps for the boiler filler hatch, as this picture of my dutch tractor shows. On both sides, this is towards the no.2 (non-fan) end of the loco, so it's the no.2 end step that you want to remove.

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=blogentry&attach_id=12763

With the removal of steam heat, the steps and filler hatch were plated over (as was the boiler exhaust on the roof), and some locos (as per 057) lost the corresponding fuel tank steps. 37s really are a case of look at plenty of pictures of the loco you want to model - indeed 37035 should have the bodyside steps and hatch filled in, but I left them as touching in the RTR would have been tough

HTH

jo

Archived