HAYNES END. LAYOUT & STOCK FOR SALE

shreives

Welcome to my new project Haynes end

Haynes end is the mk2 version of my shunting plank. This time though the the layout in 5ft long and 1ft wide, off scene the layout has a slide out support for a cassett system.

the layout has a single platform at one end which is served by a 2 epb with the odd mail service in the form of a mlv or the Crompton and a couple of mail vans.

moving back along the board there is a small distrubtion depot to the rear and another siding in front of that for storing enginerers wagons. the rakes in them selfs wont be very long but as the saying goes, its my railway il run what I like.

The board and the cassetts have all been made now. The track is again peco code 75 but this time I will be using dcc concepts slow action point motors and colbolt point levers. I still have half of all this to buy yet but at least I have a start. track work can hopefully myself start after the Canterbury show when I should have a bit more free time.

The power will be from my NCE power cab and the epb and mlv will both run off lenz 21 pin chips my 33 is sound fitted with legomanbiffo sounds and my 37 is currently away with biff being reblown so all in all if the scenery comes out how I plan then sitting back with the engines on tick over it should look and sound the part when finished I haven't given myself a time scale to get it to a state where it looks finished no rush really.

I will have some photos of the construction so far soon so I will do a photo update very soon and go through what it what with pictures sometimes that's easier I find.

stuart

Edited by shreives
  • Like 6

Here's a few photo's to show whats going on.

Overall baseboard 5 x 1.

post-6774-0-36019800-1421183631_thumb.jpg

On the right hand side of the board there is a cut out which accepts a length of 2x1 to create a 25 inch cassette holder, the 2x1 and cassettes are fitted with copper tape on both sides to provide the electrical connections.

post-6774-0-51310400-1421183648_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-97068100-1421183651_thumb.jpg

Here's one of the cassettes.

post-6774-0-26888300-1421183638_thumb.jpg

And attaching to the layout.

post-6774-0-25925600-1421183669_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-61207000-1421183672_thumb.jpg

cheers

Graham. (Stuarts layout builder)

Edited by shanks522
  • Like 5

Thanks Neil & pete

Pete Croydon north street has given me a lot of inspiration so thank you for sharing your fantastic work. it certainly is a favourite of mine on here.

Neil hopefully it wont be to long before the next update I still need to get the 3 way point and a couple more point motors and levers.

Then the testing can begin.

I am helping graham with smithdown road junction at Canterbury this weekend so hopefully after that we can crack on with a few more bits.

stuart

• Like 2

Stuart - you know my biggest regret with North Street? Rushing it. There are a few things that with hindsight I would have done differently, so take you time mate! Really looking forward to seeing this develop.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

Just a few snaps of the layout, track work and platform done, Kadee uncoupling magnets and droppers installed, just need to fit the pojnt motors.

post-6774-0-03807000-1434891850_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-94629500-1434891877_thumb.jpg

short ballast train testing the trackwork.

post-6774-0-79463500-1434891901_thumb.jpg

cheers

Graham.

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Nicely laid track and pointwork! :yes:

Just out of interest, why have you put a trap point between the three way and the main line? Could the three way point act as the 'trap'?

I only ask as (from modelling experience - not professional...thankfully!) if you set the route towards the main from the yard through the 3 way and forgot to set the trap and mainline turnout (on the big railway these would be worked off the same lever or switch) you'd have a derailment when the trap did its job.

If you dispensed with the trap, you could work the right hand leg of the 3 way point with the main line point together and save yourself a point motor. The exit signal from the sidings could be a yellow disc signal which would allow movements to the sidings from the headshunt without the signalmans intervention, but would need to be worked when the point had been set to exit the yard.

Just a thought - keep up the excellent work sir!!

Cheers Graeme

Edited by retbsignalman

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!

Nicely laid track and pointwork! :yes:

Just out of interest, why have you put a trap point between the three way and the main line? Could the three way point act as the 'trap'?

I only ask as (from modelling experience - not professional...thankfully!) if you set the route towards the main from the yard through the 3 way and forgot to set the trap and mainline turnout (on the big railway these would be worked off the same lever or switch) you'd have a derailment when the trap did its job.

If you dispensed with the trap, you could work the right hand leg of the 3 way point with the main line point together and save yourself a point motor. The exit signal from the sidings could be a yellow disc signal which would allow movements to the sidings from the headshunt without the signalmans intervention, but would need to be worked when the point had been set to exit the yard.

Just a thought - keep up the excellent work sir!!

Cheers Graeme

Hi Graeme,

You are quite correct about the 3 way acting as the trap point, In all honesty i had it going spare and it gave a good spacing for the platform road so it got fitted. Think i need a better excuse. 

cheers

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

well its been awhile since the last post

not much has been happening with the layout but it is still going strong. I am currently in the process of buying a house at the moment so any modelling time is on hold until my partner and I can move in then the spare room is mine :senile:

thought I would put these couple of pics up just to show how things look at the moment

post-3608-0-26112500-1446587052_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-58592500-1446587066_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Good Evening all nothing to report on the layout front at the moment.

but a few items of stock to add to the list the grampus and the CCT were both presents from family a little while ago.

The PLV was bought at Warley last weekend and now completes my small mail moments for the the layout.

stuart

post-3608-0-96062300-1449509896.jpg

post-3608-0-17987300-1449509974.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Whilst my brother is still house hunting Haynes end is living with me, After a clear out yesterday i decided to do a bit of work on it, I'm sure he won't mind.

I painted the platform, fitted the lights and made a start on the fencing. It would have been rude not to test it so out came a BIL and a 33.

post-6774-0-80928900-1451411383_thumb.jpg

post-6774-0-37356700-1451411390_thumb.jpg

cheers

Graham.

• Like 4