Whitewater, New Mexico, USA

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

As the topic description says I'd be interested to know if anyone models the railroads in New Mexico or indeed if any of our USA members live in the state. Even better if you model/live the Whitewater / Silver City / Fierro / Santa Rita area.

Why am i asking? - because I'm involved in a new modelling project based on the area around 1920.

Any sources of photos of period buildings typical of the area would also be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

As the topic description says I'd be interested to know if anyone models the railroads in New Mexico or indeed if any of our USA members live in the state. Even better if you model/live the Whitewater / Silver City / Fierro / Santa Rita area.

Why am i asking? - because I'm involved in a new modelling project based on the area around 1920.

Any sources of photos of period buildings typical of the area would also be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

I went to university in Silver City many years ago, don't live near there now. One possibility would be New Mexico magazine. ( www.nmmagazine.com), they do have historical articles.

Another possible source of images from that period is Shorpy (www.shorpy.com) many high resolution images of that period.

There are some Yahoo groups about New Mexico railroads. While they seem to be concentrated on current lines I'm sure several of the folks there could give good suggestions.

• RMweb Premium

I went to university in Silver City many years ago, don't live near there now. One possibility would be New Mexico magazine. ( www.nmmagazine.com), they do have historical articles.

Another possible source of images from that period is Shorpy (www.shorpy.com) many high resolution images of that period.

There are some Yahoo groups about New Mexico railroads. While they seem to be concentrated on current lines I'm sure several of the folks there could give good suggestions.

Thanks for this.

Via your first website i found this which has loads of interesting photos of the area.

And via a curious route this

Smashing stuff!

Archived