Class 129 "Departmental Laboatory 9 Hydra" Technical & Internal Information required

muddys-blues

Hello, I am about to embark on modelling this unit in O gauge using an Easybuild Kit, but I have been googling the internet and I cannot find a retirement date or scrapping date for this unit, any information would be gratefully accepted.

Also does anybody know what was the layout internally, colour of the cab equipment, was there any monitoring equipment in the old parcels storage area, and does anyone have any detailed pictures of the Hydrostatic bogie set up at the end nearest in the picture ?

Many thanks in advance 

Craig.

975385a.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I looked at the article again today and wondered if the engine for the hydrostatic drive would just be one of the two existing underframe mounted ones? (It mentions the kit is powered by a Leyland 680 6-cyl engine)

Would save mounting an engine inside and presumably the other engine/drive/bogie was kept as standard to power the unit normally, between tests?

EDIT: just looked at the later colour pics and it seems to have two H/S bogies, didn't realise this and don't know when it happened

Hi Craig,

I too am doing Hydra in O gauge. Its in my Pile to do. I have got a CCT, a couple of vans, a BY & waiting for the Heljan VAA van, for my RTC stock. Oh & remodelling a Lima coach into Lab 1.

I will be watching this thread with interest.

Steve

• 6 months later...

Craig

Afraid there is not much info on this vehicle, I have built one in 00 guage but there are only half a dozen pictures in existence with regards to the hydraulic bogies it wil depending on when you are modelling the vehicle as in later years both bogies were converted

Craig

Afraid there is not much info on this vehicle, I have built one in 00 guage but there are only half a dozen pictures in existence with regards to the hydraulic bogies it wil depending on when you are modelling the vehicle as in later years both bogies were converted

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply, I will just make do with what info I have got, I will be modelling it with just the one bogie converted, the main reason for this is I have only seen pictures of it out and about on the mainline with the one bogie set up, and the markings where slightly altered in it's later days .... I have the transfers from the original livery so I will stick with it.

Best regards

Craig.

Archived