Kenavon (East Reading) 21/2/2015

RJS1977

Just over a month away - doesn't it come round quickly!

Approx 18 layouts confirmed, including:

Much Murkle:

12415829065_6e33737cb5_z.jpg

Wantage Narrow Gauge Tramway

15681747593_10d1e904bd_z.jpg

Dawes Creek:

15679211354_1536b3c93f_z.jpg

Addiston South:

16299836521_a33e9c5e61_z.jpg

10am-5pm, The Warehouse, 1a Cumberland Road, Reading RG1 3LB

See Calendar entry for more details.

• RMweb Gold

I've never been as it's an awkward end of Reading in terms of parking etc.  And, sorry to say it, and much tho' I am very taken with a couple of them, I saw three of the above layouts at the Astolat MRC show in Guildford yesterday and have see those same three at other shows in the area over the past year (one of them 3 times).

Parking-wise there is a reasonably large car park behind the building - as far as I'm aware we haven't overflowed it in past years.

Most of the East Reading bus services stop just around the corner,including the 126/127/128 (Wokingham & Maidenhead) and 850 (Wycombe via Twyford,Henley and Marlow).

Yes,it's unfortunate that those three layouts have been seen together at Guildford, though the first I knew of that was on Saturday (when I took the pictures!). As two of the layouts were deferrals from previous years, it's possible I may have booked them first!

Unfortunately the expenses don't run to bringing layouts long distances (the three layouts in question are all based within about 15 miles - one much closer!) but personally I think they're worth seeing again! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Home and unpacked.

Very nice little show this. Busy all day with a good mix of families and enthusiasts. The Much Murkle crew had an enjoyable day, apart from the traffic getting out of Reading that is.

Well done Richard and your team in organising the event

Archived