happy accident

mk1ben

Hi all, thought id let you in on my 'unfished business' shelf. My adventures in 0 gauge began when Dapol released the ready to roll 8 plank wagons. I had some spare cash and figured it'd make a good ornament/scrap bin for my workbench. The quality - flawless. The size - impressive, being the first time I had owned anything of this scale.

A quick search of eBay and a couple of bids later I won a Lima 33 for the hefty sum of £4.44...plus postage. Straight onto prmrp for their detailing kit. Despite their kit again being of the highest quality, I soon realised the lima 33 is a toy, and not much more, still, it may come in useful some day.

So I bought some wagon kits, slaters, cooper craft, parkside dundas, built them and found it much less stressful than 4mm wagons, and much more fun...then the realization, I need something to move these about, best go blag the mrs...

Christmas time and santa (reluctantly) brought me the Agenoria hudswell clarke 0-6-0T, based on a local locomotive NCB's s100. This loco worked 30 mins away and is preserved 15 mins away from me...happy days. Anyway, a picture speaks a thousand words, and ive said too much...heres a few photos of where im up to...post-25263-0-05616200-1422048304_thumb.jpgpost-25263-0-45428000-1422048322_thumb.jpg

I did yes, the white metal castings did require a bit of flash removal however im yet to find a white metal moulding that doesnt. Regretably I removed the original bogie sides to fit however I think if I had trimmed down and stuck the new sides over the top it would have made the loco appear less 'narrow gauge'

Came with; buffers, snowploughs, bogie sides vacuum pipes, side and top vents fans and probably a whole host of things ive forgot. Definately worthwhile if your adamant on detailing a lima loco

Archived