Heljan 00 Western, best speaker option?

jessy1692

• RMweb Gold

So here you go!

Have converted our only remaining Heljan Wizzo to bass reflex in the fuel tank - previously had standard round speaker with enclosure on top of bogie tower inside body.

So heres a fitting video and comparison with a Dapol loco with internal speaker

Hope that helps

Phil

Charlie put an Alan Butcher 28x40 in a plasticard box in the fuel tank and a 23mm round in the roof facing up and it's probably the loudest 4mm loco I've ever heard. The fidelity is good too. Looking at it, we reckon you could fit two of the Alan Butcher speakers in the tanks and move even more air.

Embarassingly, I put a 20x40 in a sealed box in the tanks facing down and it was nowhere near as loud as Charlie's.

Bif

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Bif

Got to order more speakers from you to do a proper install in !048 - also for your fuel tank speaker boxes for my 27s, thought I had speakers in stock but no....

When doing multiple speaker installs do they go in series or parallel? And you do you work out the impedance?

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for that Phil, really appreciate you taking the time & effort for the comparison vid, think ill go down the bass reflex in the tanks looks pretty simple.

Biff, thanks for the notes on the Alan Butcher speakers, might be one for the future (have a 4ohm in stock) and i dont wand to deafen the neighbours!

Ill send off the chip on Mon to you Biff just been checking the options on dc kits website and i dnt think the 52 option is on the site yet so ill just book it under a 55 reblow and add a note asking for a 52. Worst case scenario i get another deltic chip!

Cheers for the replies guys

James

Archived