Peco GW Toad transfer application

Southerner

I'm trying and failing to apply the transfers to a Peco O gauge GW Toad. I no longer have the kit instructions which doesn't help, the transfers are a recent replacement set from Peco. They appear to be pressfix but even with firm burnishing of the backing paper the transfer itself will not stick to the model.

I must be doing something wrong, does anyone have any suggestions please? :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

The instructions in my 0 gauge Toad kit (the 6 wheel brake van) state they are waterslide.

Certainly the sheet of transfers look like waterslide - with a carrier film just bigger than the letters/numbers and they don't have a backing sheet as with the Pressfix type..

Hope this helps

David

The instructions in my 0 gauge Toad kit (the 6 wheel brake van) state they are waterslide.

Certainly the sheet of transfers look like waterslide - with a carrier film just bigger than the letters/numbers and they don't have a backing sheet as with the Pressfix type..

Hope this helps

David

David:

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to apply all the appropriate lettering and numbers. The sheet is waterslide but with sticky fronted media. I soaked the backing in water and applied but found that it was best to apply to a pre wetted area as( with the old Letraset dry rub system) the lettering once applied  cannot be adjusted.

Not easy and as there is no common carrier film letters and numbers are not joined and have to be juggled into place unless you are able to place exactly right in the first place.

Looks good when done though!

• RMweb Gold

David:

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to apply all the appropriate lettering and numbers. The sheet is waterslide but with sticky fronted media. I soaked the backing in water and applied but found that it was best to apply to a pre wetted area as( with the old Letraset dry rub system) the lettering once applied  cannot be adjusted.

Not easy and as there is no common carrier film letters and numbers are not joined and have to be juggled into place unless you are able to place exactly right in the first place.

Looks good when done though!

Many thanks for the information.

This information will prove very useful when I get round to building my kit.

David

Archived