Clubs near Salisbury Plains

acko22

Have a look at the clubs directory on UK Modelshops - http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

A quick look shows (by county) under Hampshire and Wiltshire show several options.

I don't know what your interests are and whether the clubs match them, or whether they're any good as I've never had any links with any of them but that's a least a start :)

Others may of course be able to make recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Acko22,

I used to live in Salisbury and worked at Waitrose there and belonged to a Railway club in Salisbury, I cant remember the name of the street where the club is, all I can suggest is that at Waitrose I worked with two guys who are very railway orientated, namely Mike smith who lives in Amesbury and mad about N gauge and Terry Mason who lives in Warminster and is ex railway and ex Army and a great fellow, both are. Might be worth asking for them in store, they are a friendly bunch there, just ask for them, they are in the 'home stock control' section. They I am sure will assist you and take you under their wings!.....also go to Spire Models in Fisherton Street, Salisbury(or phone them etc) ask for Dave, he's a member of the club and has good trade contacts too!!!

Hope this helps, Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the heads up all I have found somewhere. Nick that was indeed me although to say I am young thats a little generous well unless you mean my possible mental age!!!

Gareth, compared to me and most of the other members you definitely qualify as young. I'm sure you're going to fit in fine.

Archived