RMweb

Perth Model Railway Show 27 and 28 June 2015

Waverley47708

Hello All,

Firstly, thanks to all members of this forum for were able to come along as exhibitors or visitors this year. Our numbers through the door were up compared to last year by around 10% and we are pleased to report a successful show.

Thanks also to the PMRC club members for working hard and enthusiastically all weekend.

Award winners:

Best in Show (public vote): Cadham Bay by Glenrothes MRC

Robert Bruce Memorial Shield for best scenic layout: The Rushen Valley Railway by Kendal MRC

The Jimmy Robertson Trophy for best technical layout: Purgatory Peak by Macclesfield MRG

The Ten Commandments/Greenscene Award for architectural modelling: Brixham Bay by Kevin & Judy Cartwright

Next year will be our 25th consecutive show so we hope to put on another good one for our Silver Jubilee!

Regards,

Stan

Hi Stan

Very well done on another really good show. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the guys from Roundtrees sidings and Diesels in the Dutchy. Also seeing New Bryford for the first time was worth the visit.

I know how much work you put into this show, for very little in return. So put your feet up and enjoy a few wee drams and we'll see you at Ayr in September.

Stephen

Hi Stan

Very well done on another really good show. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the guys from Roundtrees sidings and Diesels in the Dutchy. Also seeing New Bryford for the first time was worth the visit.

I know how much work you put into this show, for very little in return. So put your feet up and enjoy a few wee drams and we'll see you at Ayr in September.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. Looking forward to bringing Fastleigh down to Ayr in September now. I have just acquired a wireless Gaugemaster Prodigy control system and looking forward to seeing how the layout runs under exhibition conditions using it.

Just as well the heatwave held off until today!

Cheers,

Stan

Was going to press agree to Dave's last post regarding Simon being a "thoroughly nice guy" (paragraph 2), however was worried if I hit the agree button you may have thought I was agreeing to the first part of your last post!

Haha, rest assured everything I write is accurate at the time of posting!! :-)

Hi Stan,

As Phil had said earlier our group Scottish modellers/DEMU really enjoyed the show, shame I could only make Sunday due to work. Great selection of layouts something for everyone. I really enjoyed Oldshaw as I hadn't seen this before and Oxenholme I'd not seen for years. New Bryford, Roundtrees and Diesels in the Duchy are always interesting to see. And there were many more of interest. We seemed to have a lot of interest in the demos especially Rod spraying and nice to chat to so many that stopped by.

Glad the show was a success.

Mark

Hi Stan,

As Phil had said earlier our group Scottish modellers/DEMU really enjoyed the show, shame I could only make Sunday due to work. Great selection of layouts something for everyone. I really enjoyed Oldshaw as I hadn't seen this before and Oxenholme I'd not seen for years. New Bryford, Roundtrees and Diesels in the Duchy are always interesting to see. And there were many more of interest. We seemed to have a lot of interest in the demos especially Rod spraying and nice to chat to so many that stopped by.

Glad the show was a success.

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Glad you enjoyed it and especially good that the demonstrations went well.

Archived