16mm scale Bug Box in the making

ASHPAN7

That really looks the business, don't forget (I always have forgotten in my 7mm ones ) that before you put on the roof there are two support irons, about 3/4 of an inch,may be one inch, in diameter, which go from the seat back up to the roof ribs. The bottom of the rod is formed into a flat plate which sits on the top of the seat back and is held by a couple of screws. They are about equidistant from each other and the ends of the coach. I always remember them when I have finally fixed and finished the roof! But putting them in really finishes the interior and the quality of your model deserves this.

Phil Traxson (25 years a volunteer on the F.R. footplate and yet I still haven't ridden in a Bug Box!!!)

Thanks Phil for your comments. You know this is something Ive overlooked but will now investigate. The roof has been built with the ribs so I guess some brass rod with some soldered tabs on each end would suffice so thankyou for that. You should after twenty five years be given the opportunity to ride in a bug box!!

Do you get a gold watch for that length of service!!

Archived