PCC Street Cars - Technical Plans

Mike at C&M

A friend of mine in the States is a keen modeller, in Lego. He has been challenged to build a PCC Street Car, but has been unable to source any decent technical plans.

Can anyone please provide any decent points of reference on the internet, to assist him with his challenge.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance received.

Mike

3 plans for different PCC cars in Model Railroader

August 1951 Page 31

July 1992 page 84 to 87 - possibly the best plan as it is double spread and has a full article about Pittsburg's PCC's

Jan 2000 page 106 to 107 - Boston PCC cars.

1992 Magazine  available from Railpub for $3

Alexander

A friend of mine in the States is a keen modeller, in Lego. He has been challenged to build a PCC Street Car, but has been unable to source any decent technical plans.

Can anyone please provide any decent points of reference on the internet, to assist him with his challenge.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance received.

Mike

I wonder if I know him? I used to know most of the Lego train builders, although I'm s bit out of the loop now, of course he may not normally be a train buildet

• 2 weeks later...

Chris has now completed his PCC Streetcar, and the results can be seen within this Flickr album.

He welcomes any feedback you may have.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eurotrash48903/sets/72157650519944579/

Should the link not work, please let me know. I have permission to post the pictures directly, if needs be.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting. I probably rode KCPS 551 after it became TTC 4752.

Some notes:

KCPS all-electric PCCs were unique in body style. Most post-war/all-electric cars had small square windows with oval standee windows above. KC had windows the same width but taller, cutting into the standee window space. Bowser has just announced/released an HO model of these.

TTC bought 30 of these cars. Instead of putting a pair of route & destination signs in the front display, because there was a single wide roller, they made linens with sets of route-destination pairs, but only for a small set of routes running out of St Clair carhouse.

Archived