Blackpool Trams/Blackpool North

Hello!

I'm going on holiday next week to sunny Blackpool :)

Can anyone recomment when or where to visit to see interesting tram action and also is Blackpool North the only station left? If so, what classes of DMU/EMU/Loco can be seen?

Thanks

-ECML

Nothing exciting happens at South these days (though my layout will change that... ;)), as said above it's a diet of 142s on the Colne stoppers.

North will throw up 185s on TPE services to Manchester Airport. Northern can offer ex-FGW Adelentes to Manchester Victoria, 3-car 158s to York via Burnley and 150s to Liverpool. A few 156s on any of these routes can be thrown into the mix as well. :)

• RMweb Premium

There is just a chance you may see trams at some points along the line. There are reports on Tramgen, that the engineering cars are out doing overhead wiring work I think up towards Fleetwood and they can only get bak to Rigby Road depot by road trasnport. there is a lot of work taking place sucha s tracklaying and the new depot being built at Starr Gate, as well as trackwork on the central section. It might be worth taking the bus just to ahve a look at al the work.

Jamie

As mentioned already blackpool south see's 142,150 and occasional 156. Blackpool north gets 142,150,156,158,185 not sure if still gets 175&180.

Tramway overhead car working on diesel engine rewiring between north pier and bispham.

Tramworks -star gate depot going up- fast looks huge - trackwork taken up at star gate and a section just before pleasure beach near star pub with no work going on.

Relaying between central and north pier just at tower now looking at track seems the 3 track layout here is not being replaced.

Norbreck- new platforms being built.

Little bispham new road layout with lights being built to give trams priority and make room for platforms.

Rossall to broadwater no work but overhead line has been stolen traction pole sidearms broken and bent in some places but new traction poles being planted along the section from thornton gate to ash street.

Not been to have a look for a while but track being taken up in ash street so no trams running but plenty to see!

Those replacement buses run all year along side tramway as free bus pass does not apply to trams and they always slow me down going home!!

mark

Archived