If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello folks

Locokeith

Hi to you all.

I have just returned to model railways after 40 years of wargames with model soldiers and was tempted back, amongst other things, by the fascinating idea of a DCC layout.

I started with a basic Hornby set and now after a year I am looking to start building a layout in Peco code 100 and delving into the mysteries of electrofrog points etc. With my lack of knowledge of matters electrical I expect I will be searching the forum and asking questions quite a bit. Please excuse me if some of the questions appear a little niave!

I am looking to buy a Hornby Electric turntable, but am a little confused by the "conversion" process - I have seen the instructions issued by Hornby, but I have also seen comment that these may not give satisfactory results.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi to you all.

I have just returned to model railways after 40 years of wargames with model soldiers and was tempted back, amongst other things, by the fascinating idea of a DCC layout.

I started with a basic Hornby set and now after a year I am looking to start building a layout in Peco code 100 and delving into the mysteries of electrofrog points etc. With my lack of knowledge of matters electrical I expect I will be searching the forum and asking questions quite a bit. Please excuse me if some of the questions appear a little niave!

I am looking to buy a Hornby Electric turntable, but am a little confused by the "conversion" process - I have seen the instructions issued by Hornby, but I have also seen comment that these may not give satisfactory results.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Welcome to the forum-its a busy, friendly place and I'm sure you will find the advice you are seeking. You would be best posting this question in the DCC section, where it will be the subject of more attention than here.

Enjoy your new hobby :icon_e_smile:

Richard

Archived