If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Greetings From Hong Kong!

grob1234

Hello All,

I'd just like to introduce myself, although I have posted already in a couple of the forums.

I'm Tom, currently residing in Hong Kong, but from the UK, and have been here for just over 2 years now. I have always loved trains and railway stuff and have a particular interest in the LNER and GWR. I don't know much about signalling or indeed prototypical train formations, but I'm learning slowly....

Unfortunately living here in Hong Kong means space is severely limited so I'm currently modelling a small n scale layout called North Moreton. Its a fictional GWR layout, and I don't think I'll be doing a build log of it as the quality of some of the layouts is mind blowing and I could not hope to compete!!

In the future when we move back to the UK I aspire to construct a large OO gauge layout to finescale standards, and I will be doing lots of research on this over the coming years. I'm building up a nice collection of LNER and GWR stock, and will also be attempting a few kits along the way.

I'm worried I won't be able to contribute much to the forums, just a wealth of daft questions, and for this I apologise! Anyway, I really enjoy looking at the forums and seeing what people have been doing, 

In the meantime, here are some pics of my layout:

IMG_8381.jpg

IMG_8380.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

I'm not happy with the ridge tiles on this, and have removed them since this photo was taken. Its supposed to represent Tetbury goods shed.

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8377.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

Archived