West Allen Street & Thawne - Extension #5 - Harrison Yard

DanielB

Howdy everyone. Though I've been primarily focused on Piedmont Blues, mine and Ford's new O scale project layout, I haven't forgotten about West Allen Street.

I've been working on a bit of boring, none-photogenic work in the form of some additional benchwork, That said, I've also built a couple of Walther's freight car kits - an Evans 100T coil car and an Airslide hopper.

The later has been given a very, very rough initial blast of grey from a rattle can to tone it down some, and now looks right at home sitting in the builders supply company spur on Thawne. :)

34372663380_78eee13433_b.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
Progress has been a bit all over the place recently, as I've been working on projects in a bit of a shotgun approach - a little bit of everything.

So I thought I'd just pop a few pictures of up projects I have done something with.

I've done a little work extending the benchwork of Harrison Yard to allow for an additional 3 tracks along the front of the yard, but I don't think I actually like this, as it encroaches way too far into the layout room for my liking, so I'm thinking of removing it again:

34257585334_c29d35512e_b.jpg

I finally got around to putting a backdrop image inside the Handy Co shipping warehouse, but I think it's going to need more work to look the part.

34937090132_4a15ec644f_b.jpg

Next, this Bachmann Norfolk and Western wide vision caboose has had the cupola narrowed to represent an accurate NW example, as they never actually had any EV cabooses.

34937089432_ec76816dcd_b.jpg

I've also fitted a blackout blind to my layout room window to protect the layout from the summer sun...

34937093102_8ac2db6aaf_b.jpg

...and built myself a workbench/desk to set up my JMRI hosting laptop to allow for computerisation of the layout.

34937091752_586792c1c4_b.jpg

Finally, this turned up yesterday, going to have fun building it...

34970747461_6ea877474f_b.jpg

...and I'm waiting on delivery of a 3D printer to start building my own rolling stock, structures, locos, detail parts, etc.

Busy, busy busy!

• Like 3

So....

I've decided to scrap the expansion to West Allen Street, put the layout up for sale, and sell up my HO collection.

Anyone interested, feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Dan

N scale home layout, O scale exhibition layout. :)

West Allen Street will be getting one last Hurrah from me by appearing at Trent Valley North American Modellers exhibition on the 17th June.

Which seems fitting, to me, as TVNAM was the exhibition that the layout was built for, many years ago! :)

I am hoping it will sell whilst I am there, so if anyone is interested, please do speak to me. :)

WEST ALLEN STREET will be at TVNAM on 17th June. Come and say hi!

The layout will be for sale on the day, and I'm hoping to come home without it, so any sensible offers will be considered. :)

N scale home layout, O scale exhibition layout. :)

West Allen Street will be getting one last Hurrah from me by appearing at Trent Valley North American Modellers exhibition on the 17th June.

Which seems fitting, to me, as TVNAM was the exhibition that the layout was built for, many years ago! :)

I am hoping it will sell whilst I am there, so if anyone is interested, please do speak to me. :)

Ah, ok. N and O scales are still enough.

I had modelled N, HO and O scale US trains. I still have N and HO stock and my N scale layout but I've decided to model only O scale now.

I wish you success for the TVNAM exhibition.

• Like 1

Thanks Jack.

To be honest, I don't think I really should have started in HO, but I felt the urge, and now I've got it out of my system.

I have learned a lot from building West Allen Street, and I hope that whoever may end up buying it gets as much enjoyment from it as I have. :)

N scale was always my first love, and considering the space I have at home, it's a natural choice for me. On top of that, many moons ago when West Allen Street was first being exhibited, Ford suggested that perhaps we could build an O scale layout. From that, Piedmont Blues was born. :)

• Like 2