Lenz O Gauge Track

hartleymartin

Lenz produces a range of Code 148 O gauge track. I find their choice of radius for the turnouts to be rather strange. 1649.39mm - or close enough to 5'5"

Apparently there is a 3-way lapped turnout available now:

http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/produkt/Lenz/9-5-0-62842-007002-0-0-0-0-2-0-grp-gb-p-0/ein_produkt.html

62842_b.jpg

Not a cheap item of kit, but none of us ever expected that such an item of track would be.

I used to have quite a quantity of the Lenz track in my German 0 scale days. I found it quite 'massive' really albeit with a good overall appearance but very fragile turnout lanterns.

I felt it was probably made in the same factory that makes Atlas 0 gauge too!

After I swapped it with a colleague, he was not very happy with it and told me that the Germans who take their modelling quite seriously, all build their own as they think the Lenz track is a bit "Fisher Price" or "toy town" if you prefer.

For the price you pay, it ought to be superb though.

IF I ever went back to German 0, I doubt I would use it again.

Cheers,

John E.

PS The approaching BR50 and BR94 could tempt me!!!

I've thought on and off about using one of these Lenz Spur O points with Peco Code 143 flex for an inglenook shunting layout. The 5'5" radius would save a fair bit of room.

A while ago I was trying to use parts of broken Peco Code 124 points to make a 3-way point, but that fell through - partly because I had to move house about 18 months ago! 

I was offered an old Rivarossi model of a Prussian T3 for about 60 pounds so I could be tempted into acquiring one. Exactly how it would fit in with my British/Australian 7mm collection I don't know!

The good thing about Lenz are the motorised points. I think I paid something like 109 or 119€ and it is full motorised with decoder ready for use. This is a good price considering the work you save. The manual points are quite expensive.

Cheers

Andreas

The good thing about Lenz are the motorised points. I think I paid something like 109 or 119€ and it is full motorised with decoder ready for use. This is a good price considering the work you save. The manual points are quite expensive.

Cheers

Andreas

Worth looking at with sterling at a 7-year high to the euro.

Archived