GlosG0G Hardwicke mini exhibition, March 29th

brianthesnail96

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that the Gloucestershire 0 Gauge Group's annual show is in a couple of week's time now. This is a small affair (we aren't a big group!) with a couple of layouts & displays, a handful of traders and possibly a demonstrator or two. 

This year the layouts are Mike Bragg's "Primrose Hill" (see here), and my "Bury, Thorn & Sons" as built by Dave "Ruston" of this parish (see here). It's an opportunity to have a look at the many neat touches and details Mike puts into his layouts, and have a good natter with the man himself in a somewhat quieter venue than some of the bigger shows. We will also have the Golden Valley MRC Test Track, 2 rail F/S DC and DCC, which will doubtless have a good variety of stuff rattling around over the course of the day. 

Traders will include Scorpio, Omen Figures, Amberley Services, Lionheart Trains, Haywood Railway and Dragon Models (including Minerva Models). There's also a small bring & buy stand, and the Guild Executors & Trustees stand is visiting this year (they are going around the smaller area shows on rotation, this year it's our turn).

The show is held in Hardwicke Village Hall, Green Lane, Hardwicke GL2 4QA, a couple of miles out from the centre of Gloucester and only a few minutes off the M5 (J12).

Tea & coffee and cold nibbles will be available. Entry is £3 for an adult (incl. Partner), £1.50 child.

Hope to see some of you there :)

This has to be one of my must visit shows, it's like putting on your comfy slippers or favourite jumper it really does have that feel good factor, small, friendly and a great atmosphere (note to self - change socks) This will be my third year and even if I had nothing to exhibit I would go as a visitor. As they said in the film "Support your local Sheriff Exhibition". Be there or be square.;)

I've been informed that there is a mystery 3rd layout booked in as well- I'm not entirely sure of the details (I'm not the organiser, in fact I'm not even the tea boy- just the token RMWeb representative!) but I believe it to be a 7mm/ft scale narrow gauge line set in New Zealand, with an unusual means of viewing (the layout is not far off square and viewed from one side and one end). Sounds like it should be something a little different anyway, should contrast nicely with the industrial grot of Primrose Hill and BT&S and the mainline pacifics thundering around on the test track :)

By the way- should anyone want to run anything on BT&S you'd be more than welcome- restricted to small locos as clearances are very tight!  

I've been informed that there is a mystery 3rd layout booked in as well- I'm not entirely sure of the details (I'm not the organiser, in fact I'm not even the tea boy- just the token RMWeb representative!) but I believe it to be a 7mm/ft scale narrow gauge line set in New Zealand, with an unusual means of viewing (the layout is not far off square and viewed from one side and one end). Sounds like it should be something a little different anyway, should contrast nicely with the industrial grot of Primrose Hill and BT&S and the mainline pacifics thundering around on the test track :)

By the way- should anyone want to run anything on BT&S you'd be more than welcome- restricted to small locos as clearances are very tight!  

Clarification please. When you say "narrow gauge" of the NZ based layout, do you mean 3ft 6ins or less?

Christopher Payne

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the vagueness, it was a late entry and I'm not involved in the organisation beyond posting it up on here- I've been told that the layout is called "Stannard Grove" and it's 0-16.5, but that's all the info I have I'm afraid.  

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the vagueness, it was a late entry and I'm not involved in the organisation beyond posting it up on here- I've been told that the layout is called "Stannard Grove" and it's 0-16.5, but that's all the info I have I'm afraid.  

Thank you.

CP

Cheers Mike!

Glad you enjoyed it, I certainly did and it looks like it paid for itself again so we should be back next year ;)

Only down side is it was sufficiently busy that I only managed to escape to have a wander round/ learn about the Reely Grate Fulminator very briefly, and my cups of tea kept going cold!

Archived