Yard lights Dimensions ?

Hi I have some sets of Eckon "British style" EL1  yard lights that I picked up on a certain auction site some time ago.

As in this picture here:  http://www.cravenmodels.com/ECKON_files/image056.jpg

I only opened them recently and thought that they look a bit overscale, or crude.

Can anyone please tell me what should be the correct size for the diameter of the pole and relevant dimensions of the lampshade and lamp holding bracket.

Any pictures of original lamps of this design would be really helpful too. Thanks

Dimensions from kit:

pole diameter 2.74mm

Bracket diameter at lampshade 3.55mm

lampshade large end diameter: 8mm

lampshade + bracket hieght: 7.3mm

The safety loop around the top of the ladder is far to thick as it a whitemetal casting, not really suited to represent steel bands.

Your dimensions give an 8" post, which, since many were wood, seems about right.

The bracket diameter is 10", perhaps a bit large.

The shade diameter is 24", again, a bit large IMHO.

And the height of the lamp is 21", or 1' 9", which is again, to large.

The light fitting is constrained by the size of the LED/bulb used. You could try replacing it, or paint the thing matt black to take your attention away.

Thanks JeffP,

I thought the post seemed about right. I could modify the rest as required but I need some good images of similar ones. As for the limiting factor of the bulb I have some very small (less than1mm/ 3inch) suface mount diodes that i can use.

Archived