RMweb

Westhouses 2010 Signalling

Signalling help needed with my new layout, I will start a thread under layouts to give a full description of the layout once more progress as been made. The layout is based on Westhouses Stabling point, for those who can remeber it. Westhouses closed in the mid 80's but my scenario is that Network Rail have re laid Blackwell sidings as a Infrastructure yard and rebuilt Westhouses as a maintenace depot and fuelling point for loco's working engineering trains.

I have attached a track plan, showing the modelled area, along with the track plan outside this area to help understand the signalling.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

• RMweb Gold

Is the chord heading up the page able to regain the correct line, able to use the wrong line for a while, does the bi-drectiional loop extend to this connection and beyond, or is it for arrivals only ?

The North bound cord joins the Bi directional goods, which then would re join the Up main with a cross over to connect the Down main, which basically allows arrivals and departures from either direction.

Sorry I should have drawn that, the original Prototype had a Dual Up / Down goods up until about 1970 when it was retracked to a single arrangement similar to my plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the signalling plans from pre Triangle days upto todays EMSC,

Interesting that you should be doing the shed in Network Rails day,

Are you keeping Blackwell East and the gantry over the three roads?

Where abouts are you?

Alex

• RMweb Gold

Do you want it signalling as per the photos - mostly semaphore - or signalling with colour lights, controlled locally from the box (mechanical ground signals) or full colour lights controlled from a power box ?

It's all subjective, but perhaps a sub on the signal with a feather on the Network Rail Marshaling yard for loco's coming from the North Curve over the crossover and back onto the south curve, before setting back again onto the headshunt for the depot. A sub on the Bi-di mainline signal in order to change ends and take the south curve for the depot.

If you;re modelling the line as it is today, all the lines have been bi-directionally signalled with LED type signals.

Many thanks Mr Beast, thats certainly got me going in the right direction.

Question... The two red fixed signals at the yard / depot access, where can I get models of these from, I can't find any single aspect lights in the Eckon range and I understand Roger Murray is no longer producing .

• RMweb Gold

Question... The two red fixed signals at the yard / depot access, where can I get models of these from, I can't find any single aspect lights in the Eckon range and I understand Roger Murray is no longer producing .

A bit of scratch building required I think

Roger Murray is alive and well and still making signals, for a while anyway.

All the best

Roger Murray

Archived