8x4 BranchLine

Complete opposite to what it was last time, A small branch line in a small rural location, there will be not be much (if any) town scenery but in the centre a small goods siding for a local company, the station will have a booking office for the (invisible) town also.   It's set in the 30s-60s with leeway for some of my out of place Sectorisation diesels :P 

Any suggestions?  ( If this is the wrong subforum tell me :) )

kFySc8m.png

• RMweb Premium

It seems to tick the boxes, but the crossover between the platforms seems oddly placed - it's superfluous for accessing the 'top' platform, as trains can run straight in anyway, and if its to serve as a run-round, there's not much space for the train between it and the first set of points on the left hand side.  I'd move it further towards the buffer stops, though if you're using small radius points, be careful of overhanging buffers etc hitting the platforms as locos cross it.

I'd probably put a couple more sidings in the fiddle yard, and maybe move the right hand tunnel mouth a bif further from the station building, it looks a bit close I think and might look odd.

Well, that's my tuppence worth, I hope it helps!

Ahh yes! They definetly need moving further back! I've always been a fan of flextrack for a more organic look but didn't think that the points are in a strange place, another question!

On my travels on the RMweb I found a layout with multilevel in 6x4, it was a continues run on the base and a depot on top, would that work in a 1950/60s setting do you think? The actual track plan did look quite modern however it had a lot of running potential,meaning I could have a more realistic 'track everywhere' style thing that I always draw myself to!

Edit: the layout in question:http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/8035-6x4-starter-layout/

If I were to make the layout in the 1980s with a overhead point for the depot thing how would the track plan change?

If I were to make the layout in the 1980s with a overhead point for the depot thing how would the track plan change?

Archived