Problems with a DCC equipped new run graham farish class 37

GWR88

Evening all,

I've just turned on my layout to run it for a while and I've found that my GraFar new release class 37 won't run. When I packed the loco away about a week ago, theloco was running fine but now it just want to know at all! It runs fine an analouge with the chip in but put it back on the DCC layout and not even the lights will come on! There are no marks or burns on the decoder and I haven't moved it around since I plugged it in when I got it. The chip is a Bachmann 6 pin.

Can someone please help resolve this issue as I cannot currently run my layout!

Lloyd

• RMweb Gold

Also check between the circuit board and chassis that nothing is touching the chassis. Do the same where the lighting wires are soldered to the underside of the circuit board.

I damaged a new decoder fitted to the recent Farish class 47 snowbird due to the above. The loco ran ok at first then stopped working once the body was back on.

It's now running ok.

Just put some insulation between the circuit board and chassis.

Thanks Ian,

The decoder has always been set at 3 and I've never tried reprogramming it. Will that affect it if its never been reprogrammed to 3.

All the best,

Lloyd

EDIT

actually I'm starting to think its my controller thats playing up because when you put an analouge train on the DCC track it doesn't buzz?

Lloyd

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian,

The decoder has always been set at 3 and I've never tried reprogramming it. Will that affect it if its never been reprogrammed to 3.

All the best,

Lloyd

EDIT

actually I'm starting to think its my controller thats playing up because when you put an analouge train on the DCC track it doesn't buzz?

Lloyd

If it is the circuit board shorting then it wont matter whether it has been programmed or not.

Of course could be something lese but worth checking in any case which I now do to all Farish locos before fitting decoders (this was a problem with the older soldered decoders circuit boards such as the class 66's  but didnt expect it to still happen on the newer 6 pin boards).

Ian

Archived