North Wales Coast gen

I live on the North Wales Coast, and used to be a member of the Yahoo! group for the North Wales Coast Trains group, giving the gen of all the trains and special workings.

Seeings they have removed me from their member list without me knowing, and I've emailed politly to see what has gone on, but no reply. Does anyone know where I can get gen about the special trains along the coast?

Im perticualy interested in the Nuclear Flasks done by DRS from Crewe to Valley and back. I would really like to know some gen about when the are working, as I seem to be missing them atm...

Anyone know anywhere I can get gen?

Thanks

Jack

Im perticualy interested in the Nuclear Flasks done by DRS from Crewe to Valley and back. I would really like to know some gen about when the are working, as I seem to be missing them atm...

Your not missing them as none have run since about last November!

I visit Valley regularly with my work and it looks like they have been refurbishing the gantry crane at the flask loading point at Valley.

Ahhh... the legendary NWRail... use that for my timings. Nice to know the flasks run to a particular time now, rather than a random time.

Thanks Dave for that! At least I know Im not missing anything... though that begger of a 950001 went along the coast on tuesday, and also the banana went along on Thursday... disapointed.

• RMweb Gold

Ahhh... the legendary NWRail... use that for my timings. Nice to know the flasks run to a particular time now, rather than a random time.

Thanks Dave for that! At least I know Im not missing anything... though that begger of a 950001 went along the coast on tuesday, and also the banana went along on Thursday... disapointed.

Most trains have a booked time - whether they keep to it is a completely different matter - the flasks from Valley are no exception.

Aswell as North Wales gen group i use Cheshire Rail Gen. Covers cheshire really, but yu get info about north wales workings too. At the moment it's just the odd ballast working and the pendolino drags on saturdays sadly. Much a cry from this time last year sadly :(

Danny

I live on the North Wales Coast, and used to be a member of the Yahoo! group for the North Wales Coast Trains group, giving the gen of all the trains and special workings.

Seeings they have removed me from their member list without me knowing, and I've emailed politly to see what has gone on, but no reply. Does anyone know where I can get gen about the special trains along the coast?

Anyone know anywhere I can get gen?

Thanks

Jack

Try DRS-Gen (for the flasks) or U-K-Rail on yahoo groups for general north wales stuff especially the drags

Yes - passed Chester at 10:30 and returned after dark, 66614 at the helm.

Ohhhhhhh!! :icon_frustrated: Went to Warrignton Yesterday, heard the gen about this whilst i was there, we decided to go via Liverpool rather than Chester! If we'd of gone via chester it would of tied in perfectly with the Pen ballast! Ahh well, saw it at Crewe last year, kopped my first 70 yesterday instead aswell! :lol:

Danny

Archived