Exhibition and Event Calendar

teaky

• RMweb Gold

Can I suggest that those organising and/or promoting exhibitions also put an entry into the Calendar.  I have done a few spot checks and there a quite a few exhibitions coming up that do not feature in the Calendar.  It is my first point of reference and much easier than scrolling through a list which is ordered by last update rather than event date.  I'm sure I am not the only one who finds events this way.

Whilst I can appreciate your suggestion, you need to be aware that people with no affiliation to the organizing club, will put a thread up for an exhibition purely to advise members about it.  To put an exhibition on the calender requires some information they may not have available to them, and as such cannot put it onto the calender.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

Can I suggest that those organising and/or promoting exhibitions also put an entry into the Calendar.  I have done a few spot checks and there a quite a few exhibitions coming up that do not feature in the Calendar.  It is my first point of reference and much easier than scrolling through a list which is ordered by last update rather than event date.  I'm sure I am not the only one who finds events this way.

Whilst I can appreciate your suggestion, you need to be aware that people with no affiliation to the organizing club, will put a thread up for an exhibition purely to advise members about it.  To put an exhibition on the calender requires some information they may not have available to them, and as such cannot put it onto the calender.

Colin

I am not sure what calender you are referring to. Can we have a link to it please?

I always refer to this calender which seems to be pretty authoritative. If this not the one you are referring to, why re-invent the wheel?

Ian

I tried the calendar first and the software told me I was not authorised to access it.

It still does.

Les

Apologies.  I have only just seen these replies.

ColinW - Valid point but perhaps someone ought to draw the organiser's attention to what is an effective promotion tool.

Clecklewyke - I was referring to this: http://www.rmweb.co.....php?/calendar/

Les1952 - I have asked Andy Y to take a look.

Archived