Replacement horns - OO Gauge Class 37

A request for somebody to point me in the right direction please:  I recently bought from eBay a Vitrains Class 37, but on arrival two of the four horns were broken off and the remaining two are significantly bent (ie unlikely to be fixable).  Best bet seems to be to get rid of the remaining two and buy replacement horns, but a Google search (other search engines are available!) didn't turn up anything.  The seller is happy to refund part of my money, given the problem with the supposedly mint condition loco, but it would be useful to know if I can replace the horns and how much it would cost.  Many thanks in advance!

Hobbyco seems to have lost interest in supporting vi spares.

Some people have had luck in contacting vi in Italy direct.

TBh you'd be better off replacing them with better ones as the moulds are pretty naff. If you don't go down that path send me a PM as I may have some vi spares

• Like 1

Hello,

You could also ask for a full refund as opposed to a part refund and buy a different one.  If the seller is unwilling, you can open a case with eBay, as the item isn't as described.  It may cost you the return postage, the best value I can find is with Hermes, tracked and insured for up to fifty quid @ £2.78.

That said, I have noticed a remarkable number of listings for Heljan 37s saying some or all of the horns are missing, and as above with alternatives, you might end up with a more accurate model.

Alun

• 6 years later...

Historical bump, but thought worth a go! 

Does anybody know if either a) markits are still the go to (website / ordering seems a little awkward) , b) there's a better source for replacement horns or c) a better supplier for the markits horns - they seem to be out on Peters Spares. 

Same set - Vitrains 37 pair.

Any advice greatly appreciated! 

Markits are very much still in operation. You have to either call, or print out their order form and then scan it back to them with your card details.

However Wizard Models appear to have these horns available, and their website is rather more up to date. 

• Informative/Useful 1

Both excellent shouts - I've gone for the precision set first off (as I can order some for my NR pair while I'm at it for less than a tenner!) 

Failing that, I'd not found wizard models before but it looks like a useful one to keep 'in the bank'. 

Thanks again - very much appreciated! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1